Acne is the inflammatory elements of the skin that appear due to the increased activity of the sebaceous glands. Because of this, changes occur not only in the skin, but also in the follicle. Acne can cause infection. Despite the fact that the immune system is trying to fight, pus remains under the skin in large quantities. It is very dangerous for health. Not only teenagers are subject to pimples, but also adults. As a result, depression and the occurrence of various diseases.
The main causes of acne
Many people ask: “What causes acne on the face?” The photos published in this article clearly show how much a person’s appearance can change, not to mention what happens under the skin. The causes of acne are many. The most common are hormone imbalance or age-related changes. But there are other reasons.
So, consider what causes acne on the face:
- a surplus of blubber,
- genetic predisposition
- poor nutrition,
- many dead cells under the skin
- skin damage
- poor facial skin care,
- menstrual cycle,
- lipid metabolism is impaired,
- increased horny layer of skin
- diseases of the stomach and intestines,
- impaired immunity
- exposure to harmful microorganisms
- improper use of cosmetics,
- work with toxic substances
- climate impact
- excessive cleanliness,
Products - cause acne
All of the above reasons - not a complete list of what causes acne and acne on the face. Sometimes they appear suddenly. This can contribute to the usual products:
- Coffee. It can not be drunk on an empty stomach.
- Animal fats. It is better to replace the vegetable.
- Nuts You can not eat a lot of walnuts, pistachios and almonds.
- Milk products. It is better to eat fat-free. Eat less cheese and ice cream.
- Sweets (candy, sugar, soda, chocolate, etc.).
- Flour products, especially cakes, chips, cookies.
How to choose a treatment?
For effective treatment, it is necessary to assess the severity of the disease. You can take a picture of all the skin areas that show acne, blackheads and black dots. It determines the degree of the disease. Black dots need to be calculated and compared with the scale:
- easy - less than 10 (I degree),
- medium - 10-25 (II century),
- heavy - 26-50 (III century),
- very heavy - over 50 (IV Art.).
Already formed inflammations (acne and acne) are also calculated by the degree of increase:
- 1 degree - less than 10,
- 2 tbsp. - 10-20,
- 3 tbsp. - 21-30,
- 4 tbsp. - over 30.
Pimples on face
What causes acne on the face? On the forehead, such inflammations are most often formed due to the large production of sebum. There are many sebaceous and sweat glands in this area of the face. Acne and acne can occur due to a disease of the gallbladder, pancreas, intestines and stomach.
Inflammations above the eyebrows indicate irritation of the intestines. Acne, located closer to the hair, indicate a violation of the gallbladder. The appearance of acne directly on the forehead means possible intoxication of the organism as a whole. Pimples on the chin talk about a violation of the digestive or endocrine system.
Acne on the nose is caused by hormonal imbalance. This is usually a teenage period. If this phenomenon occurs in an adult, the immune system, the digestive system, or the endocrine system may be impaired. Snakes on the bridge of the nose are a consequence of liver overload and poor blood purification. Acne on the lips indicates a violation of the digestive system, and on the cheeks - an overload of the lungs.
Acne in children
Pimples often appear in babies. If they are white, do not worry much. This is most likely milia (blockage of the sebaceous glands). Such rashes pass themselves in a couple of months. Sometimes acne in a child occurs due to allergic reactions. But they can also indicate diseases. Most often, acne in children occurs as a result of measles, scarlet fever, rubella, chicken pox.
Skin problems in adolescence
Acne on the face of a teenager most often occurs as a result of puberty, since hormones are responsible for the work of the sebaceous glands. During this period, produced a large amount of secret. And this is a very favorable breeding ground for bacteria. As a result of the increase in their numbers - inflammation, manifested in the form of acne and blackheads.
It is very difficult to treat them during this period, since the reason lies within the organism itself. It should be borne in mind that all skin is different. So, the treatment is chosen strictly individually. But there are general tips:
- daily facial care,
- regular contrasting washings twice a day (with hot water and then cold),
- the use of facial scrubs
- use of steam baths.
One of the best proven remedies for acne is salicylic acid. You can use tar soap and talker. Prepare it in pharmacies on prescription. Apply in the evening with a cotton swab. For topical use, brewer's yeast is also good for acne. During treatment, you must follow a diet: abandon carbonated drinks, spicy and fatty foods.
Pimples in adults
What causes acne on the face at 30? Not only adolescents suffer from such a problem, but inflammation of the subcutaneous integuments can also begin in adults. There are several main reasons why acne also appears in adults:
- Violation of hormonal levels. In women, this often occurs during menstruation or pregnancy.
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Hyperkeratosis (keratinization of the skin). Small "scales" appear. The sebaceous glands are working very actively, toxins and bacteria accumulate in their mouths. There are acne and acne. This is a very serious and dangerous skin disease, which is very dangerous for life.
- Mite demodex. One of the most common reasons. Every person has this tick, but it is usually activated with weakened immunity. What causes pimples on the face with pus? This is just typical for demodex. Along with inflammation, there is a general redness of the cover. The dermatologist treats the disease. Houses need to change bedding more often.
- Poor hygiene.
- Squeezing acne. After removing one can pour out a dozen new ones.
After squeezing out acne on the skin, wounds remain, in the treatment of which the ARGOSULFAN ® bactericidal and wound-healing cream has proven itself. Unlike many antibacterial ointments known to us for a long time, to which microbes have developed resistance, it contains silver sulfathiazole, to which bacteria do not become addicted. The active substance of the cream “ARGOSULFAN ®” has a wide range of antibacterial action and contributes to the rapid healing of the wound without the formation of a rough scar.
There are contraindications. You must read the instructions or consult with a specialist.
For treatment, it is necessary to correctly determine the cause of acne. But in any case, it is necessary to spend less time in the sun, to observe hygiene and diet, and also to drink vitamins.
Why do black dots appear on your face?
What causes acne and black spots on the face? This is often to blame for contaminated skin and poor care for her. Especially if there is no daily cleansing. Poor cosmetics - another reason for the appearance of black spots and acne. There are a few more reasons:
- deterioration of health,
- hormonal imbalance.
How to destroy acne?
Treat acne only need a complex. This includes:
- constant cleaning of the face
- restoration of hormonal levels,
- recovery procedures for the skin,
- fight against pathologies and diseases that caused acne,
- face massage,
- methods of apparatus therapy.
What causes acne on the face? Often they occur due to improper nutrition. Therefore, the more during the treatment must follow a diet. Especially if you get rid of acne. It is necessary to exclude enriched with protein, fatty, spicy and salty foods. As well as chips, carbonated and alcoholic beverages, flavored teas, sweets. Preference should be given to fish, cereals, poultry meat, vegetables and fruits.
Green Tea Acne Treatments
Green tea helps to effectively fight acne. It is a good antioxidant and antibacterial agent. Green tea can be used as a herbal supplement or make cream from it. Leaves after welding impose on the face like a mask. But first, the face must be thoroughly cleaned and rinsed with water. In China, to destroy acne, green tea is drunk with honeysuckle, but without sugar, as it neutralizes the healing effect.
Acne treatment with folk remedies
You can try to cure acne yourself. There are folk remedies that people have used since ancient times. All of them are used after cooking in the form of lotions.
- from aloe vera leaves,
- calendula with honey
- from sage leaves.
- St. John's wort,
- from birch buds.
Medications for the treatment of acne
What causes acne on the face? Whatever the cause of their occurrence, this is subcutaneous inflammation. Acne has long been treated with witch hazel and chamomile extracts. Triclosan, salicylic acid, zinc oxide and vitamins A, B, C help well. When these drugs are used, the layer of sebum decreases, as does the process of inflammation in the follicle and skin. All of these drugs have an antibacterial effect. Pharmaceutical remedies for acne are divided into two groups: for external and internal use.
For external use are used:
- Retinoids that affect the cause of acne. They inhibit the growth of skin cells, prevent and reduce blockage of pores.
- Antibacterial agents act specifically on bacteria. These drugs include antiseptics and antibiotics.
- Means of azelaic acid inhibit cell division. And this ensures the permeability of the excretory skin ducts. These drugs have antibacterial properties. Azelaic acid is in Aknestop cream and Skinoren gel.
How to deal with acne?
After the appearance of lesions on the skin, the question arises: “What causes acne on the face and how to deal with them?” You can try cosmetics, for example:
- Antibacterial soap. But you can not use it all the time, but only from time to time.
- Gels for washing regulate the formation of sebum.
- Anti-aging emulsion-creams prevent micro-inflammation.
- Normalizing gels. Antibacterial agents moisturize the skin, remove excess greasiness.
- Masking pencils. Possess antibacterial action, dry acne. Apply at the first stage of the manifestation of inflammation.
- Moisturizing emulsions prevent acne, moisturize the skin.
When therapy apparatus uses several technologies. For example, a complex pulse consisting of the radio frequency band and the light spectrum. When it gets on the inflamed area, the impulse affects the cause of acne. There are other technologies.
What causes acne on the face? Need to pay closer attention to the skin. It is possible that the pores are blocked, there are many dead cells, etc. This can be corrected by chemical peeling, which removes a large layer of the epidermis. It uses glycolic and salicylic acid. To combat acne, surface peeling is also performed. Laser therapy is sometimes used.
What is acne
Acne, or medical acne, is the result of abnormal skin function. Dead cells and sebum block the exit of the hair follicle (this is where the sebaceous gland is located), but bacteria can enter there. In such clogged pores is full of food, but because the bacteria begin to multiply, forming inflammation, that is, acne. Most often, acne crawls across the face, back and chest.
Acne is the most common skin disease. It is sometimes difficult to fight it, but it is possible.
Why Acne Appears
There are several causes of acne. And, unfortunately, it is not about problems with hygiene. Everything is much deeper.
First of all, acne is a hormone problem. Patient education: Acne (Beyond the Basics). It is hormones that cause the skin to produce so much fat, that the pores simply do not have time to remove it.
Usually this all happens in adolescence and passes a maximum of 30 years, but not always. Sometimes it interferes with features of the hormonal background (which are determined genetically), sometimes - diseases.
Which of these can be concluded? Not very good. If you are unlucky, puberty, when hormones are raging, has already passed, and acne has remained, then, most likely, they will be with you all your active life and will have to learn to live with them.
Everything that is done on oils increases the risk of acne. Too aggressive cleaning products are also harmful. So use soft water-based products and do not rub the rashes.
Just say: research shows that food has nothing to do with it. But there are exceptions to this rule. For some people, it’s enough to give up on sweets or dairy so that acne can recede. So just try it: it will suddenly work for you.
Since stress is directly related to the hormonal system, constant anxiety and feelings can worsen the skin condition. So, if you are nervous, and the morning was covered with acne, this is the norm, albeit a bad one.
What are acne
Acne is a completely unusual thing, even if there are many of them and several types can grow on one person at once.
Some types of acne are actually just a bacterial infection of Acneiform Eruptions, and some appear lightning fast, necrotic tissue and are associated with systemic diseases Acne Fulminans. But we'll talk about ordinary acne.
What are called black dots. These points can be larger than a match head and a depth of almost a centimeter. Behind the black head can hide a huge amount of fat.
They are black because they come into contact with air and oxidize, and not at all because of dirt, as one might think. Sometimes they do not darken to blackness, but remain, say, dark yellow.
The meaning is the same as that of the open. But since the surface is still covered with a thin layer of skin, the contents do not oxidize and remain white.
Small red bumps with no white spots on them. Sometimes they hurt. They are also called subcutaneous acne.
They look like a standard pimple: a red inflamed area, and in the middle - a white rod, which is first liquid, and then hardens (hint: it is better not to touch the liquid). The composition of this rod is pus, so nothing good is waiting for you there.
Do not do this! 😣
Hard nodules hidden deep in the skin and protruding above it. What can cystic acne? and deliver discomfort.
This is the most difficult type of acne. Under the skin is a huge number of nodules that cannot be reached with the help of available tools. Such cysts can lead to scar formation Acne Kelo>.
There are acne that should not be treated or touched: they occur in babies and do not require any intervention. It is simply a reaction to the presence of maternal hormones in the infant’s blood.And this reaction will pass by itself Baby Acne. And the faster, the less attention the parents will pay to her.
How to care for skin with acne
So, whatever the acne, the skin still need to care. It must be borne in mind that acne treatment and skin care are not the same thing.
- Cleansers Twice a day, gently massage the moisturized face and other areas affected by acne with a cleanser, and then thoroughly wash it off.
- Never wipe with a common towel. It is best to use disposable wipes, especially for the face. Or buy a pack of small scarves, wash in hot water and iron carefully - this will replace disposable products.
- Scrubs. Use only with mild acne and no more than once a week. Choose with small particles and carefully remove too.
- Drug carefully applied to the affected areas after cleaning.
- Apply shower gels and soap with a soft washcloth once a day. If you wash more often, use only water.
How to treat acne
If we talk about serious treatment, which will not only get rid of a pimple that has jumped out, but will generally reduce the formation of acne, then we need artillery stronger than masks and oatmeal on the face.
To do this, use:
- Antibiotics. Moreover, both local (that is, they are applied to the skin) and tablets Patient education: Acne (Beyond the Basics).
- Retinoids. These are substances that are used externally by Acne.
- Oral contraceptives. They are prescribed only to women, and these pills can seriously improve the condition of the skin, as they completely change the hormones.
- Acids (salicylic or azelaic, for example) and benzoyl peroxide Acne products.
- Isotretinoin. It seems to be also one of the forms of vitamin A, but is prescribed in especially severe cases, because it has serious side effects of Isotretinoin capsules (Roaccutane): from photosensitivity and dryness in the throat to aggression, nausea and headache. Women cannot even become pregnant while using this drug (it affects the fetus). But the effect of it is very good and noticeable. Of course, this doctor prescribes.
What home and natural remedies can help
Natural Natural acne treatment products for acne:
- Tea tree oil.
- Cartilage cattle.
- Brewer's yeast.
These funds are added to various cosmetics, choose the one that contains such components.
Home remedies that could rid you of acne once and for all, no. Unless you overdo it with acids and burn the skin. But then you will have more serious problems than acne.
Actually, all the masks that you find can somehow help (and maybe not), so home remedies are overkill: what helps, when and how. We talked about this in detail, so we will not repeat.
How to clean your face at home
In theory, this is best not to do. It is safer to reach a dermatologist or a cosmetologist. But often the skin pores are so clogged that they would have to run to the doctor more often than to work. For such a case, there are special sets of tools that help get out of the skin all the excess.
In fact, this is a good old way to “squeeze everything out”, with the only difference that the tools injure the skin a little less, reducing the risk of infection and leaving traces.
Cosmetic loops, extractors, tweezers also have their own rules of use:
- All procedures for the extraction should be done on clean skin, and in the ready to keep some kind of light antiseptic like chlorhexidine.
- They pulled out one thing - do not be lazy and wash the instrument, or at least wipe it with cotton with an antiseptic. It's only in weird YouTube videos that pull out everything.
- It is better to use “heavy artillery” only after soft means like soap and masks did not help to clean the pores.
- All that is red is inflammation. Inflamed areas can not be touched.
How to treat acne scars
Many types of acne themselves leave scars and bumps. But even if you take the usual pimple and squeeze it out incorrectly, you can earn a scar or at least a pigmented spot.
There are few treatment methods for acne scars. All of them are somehow traumatic and not always effective. Treatment for acne scars.
- Chemical peeling. This is when acids are trying to reduce light scars.
- Laser alignment. There are several types of lasers (with varying degrees of efficiency and danger), but none give the perfect result. What’s new in acne? An analysis of systematic reviews published in 2011-2012.
- Fillers and fillers. Sometimes scars become more noticeable simply because the skin ages, and the acne marks themselves become deeper Acne scars. Using fillers (as an anti-wrinkle) helps smooth out the appearance of scars.
Causes of rash
Sebaceous glands are to blame for the appearance of ugly acne. Violations in their work and excessive activity lead to inflammatory processes in the epidermis. A duct blocked by keratinous particles of the skin, cosmetics and gland secretions, which leads to the release of sebum, leads to inflammation of the sebaceous gland. As a result, favorable conditions are created for the reproduction of bacteria, pus appears and a pimple or acne crawls out. Quite often, after his disappearance, a mark in the form of a dark speck, scar or scar may remain.
Most often, a pimply face can be boasted by adolescents experiencing hormonal changes. However, even in adults and quite healthy people, this problem is not uncommon. And not always it is caused by household factors or individual features of the skin: sometimes rashes indicate the presence of certain problems in the body.
Pimples on the face can appear at any age: in infants - due to hormones of the mother or allergic reactions in their blood, in adolescents - during puberty, in adults - due to many problems, which will be discussed below.
The most common reasons why acne appears on the face are:
- Hormonal changes occurring in the body of a growing person, in women during pregnancy, before the beginning of the menstrual cycle or during menopause.
- Genetic predisposition.
- Increased secretion of sebaceous glands.
- Incorrectly selected cosmetics.
- Poor skin care: insufficient or, on the contrary, its excessive cleaning.
- Wrong diet, abuse of spicy, fatty, fried and sweet foods.
- The reaction to the use of certain drugs: antibiotics, hormonal contraceptives, antidepressants, anti-tuberculosis and epilepsy.
- Excess in the body of toxins.
- Infectious diseases.
- Stress states.
- The aggravation of the action of bacteria and fungi against the background of a fall in immunity.
- Problems in the digestive system and the disease in the genital area.
- Allergy and hypervitaminosis. On the other hand, a lack of vitamins (A or E) can also cause acne.
- Small mechanical damage, in which bacteria cause inflammatory processes.
- The environment, more precisely, its negative factors, also contributes to the poor condition of the skin.
- Constant acne may occur due to the use of steroids for weight gain.
The tendency to acne on the face is very often determined by the type of skin. For example, on dry or normal acne climb quite rarely. A combined or oily susceptible to increased fat formation, and why the likelihood that acne can appear, increases dramatically.
Alone among the unattractive rashes are very painful colds acne. Their appearance is not only the result of hypothermia, stressful situations or infectious diseases, but also serves as a kind of "bell" about failures in the body systems: the gastrointestinal tract or the endocrine system.
Acne Management Methods
Many people, especially women, trying to get rid of pimples, just squeeze them. However, in this way, the problem cannot be handled; besides, unattractive scars may remain on the spot of the eliminated eruptions. The worst option after such actions may be blood poisoning. To decide how to get rid of acne on the face and try to prevent their occurrence in the future, you should consult with a dermatologist or a cosmetologist.
Treatment is prescribed after examining the patient, determining the form and extent of the disease. It also takes into account the patient's skin type. Cure rashes can be with the help of:
- Antibiotics that act against foci of inflammation and inhibit the growth of bacteria. These include: Erythromycin, Clindovit, Levomekol, Clindamycin.
- Antiseptics for disinfecting and cleaning the skin: Streptotsid, Tsindol, ichthyol ointment.
- Hormonal drugs to reduce the activity of sebaceous glands.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs, such as zinc or sulfuric ointment.
Applied techniques are used to treat problem rashes on the face, which include acne. Effective acne elimination is guaranteed by the following options:
- ozone therapy, which has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effects,
- chemical or laser peeling, which allows to remove the top layer of the epidermis and eliminate the grease plugs formed,
- phototherapy, which has a sterilization effect on the disease zones,
- ultrasonic cleaning of the skin.
If the rash on the face is not caused with serious problems in the body, you can use the recipes of traditional medicine. Such treatment of acne on the face can be done at home. The great advantage of using natural ingredients is the absence of allergic reactions and side effects that occur after taking the medicine.
- Mix one tablespoon of brewer's yeast and milk. The resulting mass is applied to the previously cleansed skin. This mask allows you to make the skin smooth and soothes inflammation.
- You can grate an apple, add honey (1 teaspoon) and natural yogurt (1 tablespoon) to it. Apply slurry to the skin for about a third of an hour, then wash with cool water. The mask is used to give smoothness to the skin and prevents the growth of bacteria.
- To clean the duct from fat, narrow pores and eliminate shine, a mask of pear and 2 tsp. Is effective. lemon juice, which is applied to the face every two days for a quarter of an hour.
- For the preparation of the next tool you need to rub the carrots and add a little talcum powder to the gruel. Apply the mask for a quarter of an hour, after which it is washed off first with warm and then with cold water. This procedure is effective for cleaning the skin, especially oily, and narrowing the pores.
- Mask of a teaspoon of soda with water, having a consistency of thick cream, applied for five minutes to the nidus of inflammation, dries and softens the skin.
- A mixture of minced cabbage leaves and beaten egg white, applied once a week for a quarter of an hour, treats rashes well.
- Eliminate acne can be using a slurry of chopped garlic, placed in several layers of gauze. It should be applied every other day for 10 minutes to pre-oiled vaseline.
- The daily mask of egg yolk, a teaspoon of olive oil and 10 drops of celandine juice effectively removes blackheads. This procedure should be repeated 5 days in a row for a quarter of an hour.
- To relieve inflammation and narrow the pores, it is useful to use a mask of cucumber grated on a small grater (3 tablespoons), calendula tinctures (1 tablespoons) and honey (1 tsp). The composition is applied every other day for a third of an hour.
- A mixture of grated tomatoes with the addition of a few drops of lemon juice, applied for a third of an hour every other day, prevents the occurrence of acne and blackheads, as well as eliminates traces.
- The mask of aspirin tablets with olive oil and honey, used weekly for two months, has a drying effect, perfectly eliminates small rashes and prevents the infection from spreading.
And also have a great effect liquid compositions made from natural ingredients, which should wipe sore spots. It can be juices of various vegetables and fruits, tinctures and decoctions.
Means for wiping:
- With the help of acne treatment of viburnum juice (at least twice a day), you can quickly get rid of the problem.
- For the treatment of pustules, narrowing of the pores, a mixture of cucumber, carrot and lemon juices (in equal amounts) is used.
- Eliminates the foci of inflammation of a teaspoon of calendula tincture diluted in 100 ml of water.
- Aloe juice perfectly eliminates inflammation of the skin.
- It is very effective to wipe the face with various herbs decoctions. Chamomile, sage, mint, calendula, birch leaves and buds, green tea are perfect for making potions. And also broths can be frozen and use the received ice for morning and evening procedures.
Along with the wiping of the skin, decoctions and herbal infusions taken orally have a strong therapeutic effect. For example, decoctions of hypericum, parsley, strawberry leaves and infusion on birch buds.
To combat acne effective baths for the face with sea salt. To do this, prepare a basin in which you need to pour 3 liters of warm water and add a teaspoon of salt. Hold your breath and put your head in the water, after washing your face. The total time of the procedure is 5 minutes.
Well cleaned steam bath pores. These procedures should be carried out no more than once in 2 months. In a container with hot water is better to add a little chamomile. Keep the face above the tank should be 10 (for dry skin) or 15 (for oily) minutes. After steaming, wash your face with cool water. If the vessels are located close to the surface and the skin is subject to the appearance of spider veins, steaming the skin is prohibited.
Periodic peeling is very useful for eliminating the stratum corneum. You can also use homemade scrubs for it.
Scrubs for peeling:
- a mixture of baking soda, fine salt and shower gel (in equal quantities),
- composition of rye crackers milled in a coffee grinder and kefir (1 tbsp.),
- scrub of 2 tbsp. l green clay and 3 tbsp. l sour milk.
Home peeling is good for bedtime. Pre-steam the skin over a pan of hot water. A person with a scrub evenly applied on it is gently massaged in a circular motion, then rinsed with cool water. It is also recommended to lubricate the skin with a healing cream, for example, Bepanten. It takes some time to recover, because the procedure injures the upper layer of the epidermis.
In order not to get acne on your face, you should reconsider the lifestyle, composition and nutritional standards, choose the right cosmetics. Competent disease prevention will help the skin to get a healthy and attractive look.
What is recommended to take:
- Lead a healthy lifestyle with moderate physical exertion, try to eliminate stressful situations, be more fresh in the fresh air.
- Revise food, minimizing the amount of spicy, salty, fried, fatty and sweet foods and adding fruits, vegetables, kefir, seafood, lean meat to the diet. Refusal of chips, carbonated drinks and alcohol will be useful not only for the skin of the face, but also for the whole body.
- Careful about hygiene procedures, conducting regular cleaning of the skin.
- Rate used cosmetics.
It is important to remember that fighting acne, squeezing them at home is unacceptable.The result of such procedures may be the growth of the disease focus and infection. In addition, scars or blemishes that spoil the appearance can be left in the place of squeezed acne, which will be several times more difficult to get rid of. Entrust the elimination of purulent rashes should be employees of beauty salons, conducting these procedures in sterile conditions.
What are the types of acne?
First of all, it should be noted that a pimple can be both inflammatory and non-inflammatory.
The inflamed pimple is characterized by hyperemia of the skin around the defect, soreness, especially during palpation, and the presence of pus.
In turn, among the inflammatory acne emit several types, namely:
The papule is a small hyperemic tubercle that rises above the skin and pales when pressed. Papules pass without a trace and very rarely leave a speck or pass into a pustule.
The pustule is a bump with a cavity that is filled with pus, showing signs of inflammation. Pustules can form from papules or arise primarily.
The untimely and incorrect elimination of pustules threatens the spread of infection to the deeper layers of the skin or even the penetration of pathogenic microorganisms into the blood. Pustules never pass without a trace, and leave behind a spot or scar.
Nodes are painful formations of the deep layers of the skin that can reach large sizes (30 mm). The patient can independently feel dense infiltration under the skin of the face.
The skin color above the nodes varies from dark red to bluish. This inflamed pimple also never passes without a trace, leading to the formation of scars and dimples.
Cysts are formed from several nodes that are interconnected by fistulas.
Non-inflamed acne is called comedones (acne), which are the primary elements of the rash, that is, they precede the formation of inflammatory acne.
It is customary to distinguish between closed and open comedones.
With open gum, the sebaceous cap is on the surface of the skin and is black because sebum is oxidized by exposure to air. Due to this, open eels are often called black dots.
This type of comedones responds well to treatment, but if they are not properly removed, inflammation and transformation into papules or pustules may develop.
About closed gum speak when the distal duct of the sebaceous gland is blocked. Such an eel has the appearance of a white tubercle, therefore it is called a white dot.
Unlike open comedone, the greasy stopper in this case cannot independently go outside.
Equally important is the classification of acne by severity, according to which several degrees.
- 1st degree: rash localized in one area of the face. Mostly rashes are represented by acne, and sometimes papules and / or pustules.
- 2nd degree: rash affects two or more areas of the skin of the face. Other parts of the body can also be involved in the process. On the face, both comedones and inflammatory elements of the rash appear simultaneously.
- 3rd degree: papules and pustules predominate among skin defects. This degree is characterized by pronounced signs of inflammation of the skin and post-acne (scars, blue, brown or red spots, indentations).
- 4th degree: large papules, pustules, cysts and nodes are formed that affect several areas of the skin of the face and affect its deep layers. In place of acne, keloid scars are observed.
Depending on the age at which acne occurs, they are distinguished following types:
- teenage or youthful,
Children's acne (mia) are those that appear immediately after birth on the skin of the nose, cheeks and chin due to the effect on the body of the child's mother's hormones.
Milia has no signs of inflammation, does not bother the child and does not require any medical manipulations, as they disappear on their own within a few weeks after birth.
Under juvenile acne imply those that appear with the beginning of puberty at about 12-13 years.
In the child’s body, hormonal adjustment begins, which affects the condition of the skin. During this period, the secretion of sebum increases, but the rate of epithelial flake removal is slow, which creates a favorable soil for the appearance of acne.
Most comedones in adolescents are localized on the skin of the face, but their appearance on the back or on the piles is also characteristic.
Adult acne called those that appear after puberty. Such defects on the skin are external mapping of diseases of internal organs and should not be ignored.
Reason of origin
Also distinguish others types of acne, such as:
- steroid (hormonal),
- stressful and others.
Steroid acne sufferers take hormone medications such as glucocorticosteroids and anabolic steroids. Especially often these defects are observed in bodybuilders who use steroid hormones to gain muscle mass.
Steroid eruptions are mostly red acne on the face, back, and shoulders, which look like papules, less commonly pustules.
Exogenous acne is caused by various external stimuli, for example, poor-quality cosmetics, mechanical effects, direct sunlight, etc.
Cold pimples, or hypoderms, are called rashes that arise from staying in a draft. Cold cat is different from other types of acne by pronounced hyperemia, and they are also very painful.
What causes acne on the face?
Acne on the face can lead to following factors:
- changes in hormonal levels, which is most clearly demonstrated during puberty,
- hyperkeratosis, which means excessive keratinization of the epithelium,
- increased sebum production,
- unhealthy food
- alcohol abuse
- tobacco smoking
- improper care of the skin of the face and the use of low-quality cosmetics,
- mechanical irritation of the skin of the face, for example, spectacle frames,
- occupational hazards (contact with household detergents, technical oils, petroleum products, chlorine and others),
- systemic hormonal drugs (anabolic hormones, glucocorticosteroids) and others.
Now you know what causes acne. It remains to understand how you can get rid of acne on the face of the house quickly, effectively and without harm to health.
How to get rid of acne forever: methods and means
There is a huge arsenal of tools and methods by which you can get rid of acne and post acne. But it should be remembered that self-extrusion of acne is strictly prohibited, since such rough manipulation can lead to skin infection, scarring, spots on the face of acne and the spread of rashes to other areas of the body.
Medical Acne Therapy
Today, the pharmacy can buy inexpensive and highly effective remedies for acne.
- Iodine. This antiseptic perfectly dries out the rash, with a decrease in redness of the skin and other signs of inflammation, and also heals defects. The tool is applied with a cotton swab only on the surface of the pimple.
- Spirit of camphor. The drug disinfects the skin, dries out the weeping elements of the rash, soothes inflammation and pain. It is allowed only point use of camphor alcohol from acne on the face, because it dries out the skin. The tool is applied to a pimple with a cotton swab twice a day.
- Vishnevsky ointment. The affected area of the face is smeared with a small amount of ointment before bedtime. In the morning, the remnants of the drug are washed with warm water. Literally overnight, inflammation is reduced and pus is pulled out of the deep layers of the skin, thereby speeding up the cleansing of the face.
- Zinc ointment. Zinc, which is present in this preparation, has a pronounced drying effect, destroys pathogenic microorganisms, suppresses inflammation and increases the regenerative ability of the skin.
- Ointment Levomekol. The composition of this drug includes two active ingredients, such as methyluracil and chloramphenicol. Levomekol effectively destroys pathogenic microbes, accelerates collagen production and relieves inflammation in the application area. The drug is applied in a thin layer on the skin of the face at night.
- Emulsion Zener. This drug contains the antibiotic erythromycin and zinc. Zenerite is a highly effective means of combating acne, because it has such pharmacological properties as anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, desiccant and healing. Also, the drug penetrates the sebaceous ducts, so that there is a successful disposal of acne.
There are also other drugs that will effectively eliminate acne on the face, such as Dalacin, Differin, Skinoren, Klinsit C, Baziron, Regesin and others. But do not forget that any medicine has its own side effects and contraindications, so do not hesitate to consult with a specialist before using them.
Anti Acne Face Masks
We present to your attention cheap and simple face mask recipes that can be carried out at home. We recommend performing procedures no more than 3 times a week.
- Recipe number 1: laundry soap rubbed on a fine grater. Pour 30 ml of hot water into a small cup and rub the soap so that foam is formed, then add 1 teaspoon of fine salt and mix thoroughly. Fingers on acne affected areas of the face put the mixture and leave for 20-25 minutes. Wash off the mask with warm water. Patient reviews indicate the effectiveness of such a tool. Redness on the skin disappear literally after 2-3 procedures.
- Recipe number 2: 100 ml of kefir mixed with 2 tablespoons of chopped oatmeal. In this mixture, add 1-2 drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice. The mask is applied with fingers or using a special scapula with a thin layer on the skin of the face. The duration of the procedure is from 20 to 30 minutes, after which the product is washed off with warm water.
- Recipe number 3: 1 tablespoon of green clay mixed with 20 ml of olive oil, protein of one egg and kiwi puree. All ingredients are carefully ground to a uniform mass, and then applied to the skin of the face. Mask hold no longer than 15 minutes.
- Recipe number 4: The face is smeared with liquid honey and left such a mask for 20 minutes, after which it is thoroughly washed off with water.
Folk remedies in the fight against acne
- Decoction of bark oaks: 30 grams of raw material is poured 200 ml of boiling water and boiled on low heat for 25 minutes, then insist 30 minutes and filter through gauze. The skin of the face is wiped with gauze dipped in broth, morning and evening. This natural medicine has anti-inflammatory, healing antimicrobial action due to a large number of beneficial substances, among which should be noted tannins.
- Ice: for ice making use decoction of chamomile, sage, St. John's wort, oak bark, calendula or other medicinal plants. It is recommended to wipe your face with an ice cube twice a day. This method is suitable for both treatment and prevention of acne.
- Lemon: a lemon wipe the area rashes on the face. Lemon juice removes excess sebum, dries pustules and whitens spots on the face after acne.
- Toothpaste: put a little toothpaste on the pimple at night. Literally overnight, the inflammation will decrease.
- Acetic wash: for 4 cups of water you need to take 15 ml of apple cider vinegar. Wash off with this solution twice a day. Acetic water perfectly removes red spots on the face.
- Aloe: 30 ml of aloe juice is mixed with 15 ml of potato juice and applied to the skin twice a day.
How to get rid of acne marks on your face?
It so happens that spots or scars from acne on the face are much more difficult to eliminate than the rashes themselves.
therefore We will try to answer the question of how to effectively remove the marks from acne on the face.
- Red Sandalwood PasteA: 50 grams of sandal powder is diluted in 100 of warm milk and left to stand overnight. Paste is applied to the skin, where there are red spots after acne as much as possible. The mask is washed off after 12 minutes. The procedure is performed 1-2 times a day until the spots from acne disappear.
- Lemon. Regular wiping of the skin with a slice of lemon helps to lighten spots on the face and reduce dimples after acne.
- Ice from the decoction of parsley. Face skin is rubbed twice a day with a piece of ice until the stains are gone.
You can also contact a beautician, who with the help of laser polishing, vacuum, chemical or ultrasonic cleaning of the face effectively removes redness on the skin of the face after acne.
Cicatricial changes and pits on the face after acne are successfully treated with such drugs as Contratubex, Clivrin, Badyaga and others. For severe scars and deep dimples, the specialist may consider the possibility of surgical correction.
How to get rid of acne on the face of a teenager?
- Refusing to use foundation or powder.
- Daily cleansing of the skin with the help of special cosmetics that you choose a beautician, depending on the type of your skin.
- Proper and healthy food, which is to limit sweets, fatty and fried foods, as well as the exclusion of sweet soda, spices, alcoholic beverages.
- Vitamin therapy.
- Sports activities.
- Cosmetic procedures for a beautician are shown for both girls and guys.
- Methods and means of folk therapy.
How to get rid of hormonal acne?
In this case, you need to find the cause of hormonal disruption in the body. To do this, refer to such doctors as a dermatologist, endocrinologist, the woman is required to see a gynecologist, and a man - to the andrologist. Experts will conduct a thorough examination of the body and conclude that provoked the appearance of steroid acne.
How to get rid of white acne on the face?
This internal facial pimple does not bring any discomfort and is removed only due to aesthetic considerations.
White subcutaneous acne on the face should be removed only by specialists - a cosmetologist or a dermatologist, who pierce comedone with a special sterile needle and remove its contents. After the procedure, the skin is necessarily treated with an antiseptic, so the pimple does not inflame.
How to get rid of catarrhal acne on the face?
A cold rash on the face is localized in the deeper layers of the skin. The hypoderms have the appearance of painful acne on the face, and the pain is very strong, especially when touched.
We present you the most effective ways to get rid of subcutaneous acne on the face, which was formed due to a cold:
- temporary rejection of foundation and powder,
- ozone therapy
- high carbohydrate diet
- drug therapy (ichthyol ointment, Vishnevsky liniment, syntomycin emulsion, Levomekol ointment and others),
- folk remedies that we talked about earlier
- surgical opening of the abscess.
How to get rid of purulent acne on the face?
Pustules on the skin of the face can be eliminated by means of methods already known to you, namely, ozone therapy, mesotherapy, ultrasonic and mechanical cleansing, chemical peeling, and cryotherapy.
Also in the fight against purulent acne, you can use iodine, camphor alcohol, Zenerit, various ointments and folk remedies.
How to prevent acne on the face?
Preventing acne on the face is at:
- personal hygiene,
- not squeezing out existing acne,
- regular visits to a beautician,
- correct removal of decorative cosmetics from the skin of the face,
- using high-quality cleansers that match skin type,
- timely treatment of chronic diseases,
- healthy and balanced nutrition,
- active lifestyle
- giving up bad habits.
As a result, we can conclude that the way to get rid of acne is long enough. In addition, the expected result in combating this problem can be achieved only under the guidance of an experienced specialist, and self-treatment in most cases is not only useless, but also detrimental to health.
We love you so much and appreciate your comments that we are ready to give 3000 rub every month. (on phone or bank card) to the best commentators of any articles on our site (a detailed description of the competition)!
- Leave a comment on this or any other article.
- Look for yourself in the list of winners on our site!