We most often recall green peas in the case when we want to make everyone's favorite “Olivier” salad, where this product is the main ingredient. But in fact, these pleasing green peas contain a lot of useful substances that are simply necessary for the body to maintain health and outer beauty.
By the way, our ancestors knew about the benefits of a green pot. For example, in former times in France, peas were used exclusively by grandees, and in China, green peas today are a symbol of prosperity and nobility. In Tibet, the drug was prepared from this product, which was given to sick people and wounded soldiers. This tool contributed to the rapid recovery, recovery and renewal of blood. Perhaps it is time for us to get acquainted with this wonderful product and learn about its beneficial properties.
The composition of green peas
Like most other herbal products, this representative of legumes is famous for its easily digestible vegetable protein, which improves the functioning of the digestive tract.
Vitamin and mineral composition of this product also deserves attention. For example, green peas can boast the content of almost all B vitamins, a high content of vitamins A, C, E, K and PP. Of the minerals, peas are rich in calcium and magnesium, potassium and iodine, iron and phosphorus. In addition, this product contains starch, mineral salts and antioxidants needed by the body.
If we talk about truly unique substances, then we can not say about the presence of lysine in green peas. This valuable amino acid is considered one of the most valuable means of preventing cardiovascular diseases.
And in the pea contains the substance pyridoxine (a form of vitamin B6). The value of this substance lies in the fact that it prevents the appearance of dermatosis on the skin and muscle cramps.
Note the presence of selenium in this product. This mineral affects the performance of the whole body, primarily due to its purification from the negative effects of toxins, carcinogens and salts of heavy metals.
By the way, if we talk about calorie green peas, it is not the smallest and is 248 kcal per 100 g of product. The truth here should be understood that, unlike vegetables and fruits, peas belong to leguminous crops and its main advantage is incredible satiety and nutritional value. Not without reason, people who dream of losing weight and in this regard refuse meat, switch to the use of bean products and, above all, green peas.
Cosmetics with green peas
Given the invaluable benefits that green peas have to our skin, it is often used in the preparation of skin care products. Consider some of the most appropriate recipes for each of the skin types.
Recipe for normal skin type
Initially, the peas should be dried, and then crushed in a coffee grinder to a state of flour. 1 tbsp. such powder combine with 1 tbsp. sour cream and one yolk. Bringing the product to a uniform consistency, simply apply it to the previously cleansed face, neck and decollete skin, and after 20 minutes, rinse with running water. By performing this procedure once a week, you will return your skin a natural glow.
Dry Type Skin Recipe
Two or three tablespoons of green peas pour water and boil. After that, drain the water and crush the peas, crush the peas to a puree state. Add to this mass a pre-whipped yolk and 3 tsp. apple juice. Thoroughly mix the ingredients, apply the mask on your face and hold it until it begins to tighten the skin. After that, remove the mask and wash your face with warm water. Next, do not forget to put on the face of baby cream.
Fatty skin recipe
It uses the previous recipe, which must be supplemented with curd whey, making sure that the mask does not turn out to be too liquid. Keep such a mask on the face should be no more than 15 minutes, and it should be applied twice a week.
To make a mask that will prolong the youth of your skin and protect against wrinkles, boil a piece of pumpkin and the same amount (by weight) of green peas. Stretching both ingredients to the state of gruel, you should take 2 tbsp. both puree, combine and mix them. It only remains to add to the mixture chicken yolk, 2 drops of almond oil and the same amount of vitamin A in liquid form. Apply this mask for 30 minutes literally once a week and after a month and a half you will notice an excellent result of your skin care.
If you need to return the tone to the skin and return the beautiful oval of the face, you will need a toning mask. To do this, mash with a fork 1 tbsp. canned peas, add to it 1 tbsp. vegetable oil and mashed one boiled yolk. After mixing the ingredients until smooth, you will only have to put a mask on your face and hold for 30–40 minutes. The procedure should be carried out once a week.
Contraindications green peas
Like any other food product, green peas can harm the body if you do not adhere to contraindications and do not follow the recommendations. In this plan:
– during pregnancy, it is worth minimizing the use of green peas, since this product causes gas formation, which can adversely affect the well-being of the future mom and her baby,
– the product can provoke stomach discomfort in people suffering from gastritis and gastric ulcer, and therefore, people with gastrointestinal diseases should use green peas with caution,
– in case of individual intolerance or when allergic reactions to the reception of peas occur, its use should be immediately stopped and an antihistamine should be taken,
– by drinking too many green peas, this product can cause lightheadedness, dizziness, nausea, and vomiting.
The rest of the green peas - a tasty and healthy product, which is often called the "vitamin pill" for our body. And this is one of those rare pills that brings health completely without harm to the body.
Eat right and stay healthy!
Pea - basic information about it
This vegetable is considered toone of the oldest in the world. The archeology data confirm that the vegetable was eaten many thousands of years ago by the inhabitants of the most diverse regions of the Earth, including the ancient Asian countries, as well as the states located in Southern Europe.
It is worth noting that, in ancient times, people from lower classes used the product as food, because the pea dishes were easy to prepare, they were well and for a long time saturated and gave strength to work. However, in ancient China, peas were considered a delicacy and consumed by aristocrats.
Vegetable is very rich in various trace elements necessary to support our health at the proper level.
Useful and healing properties
- Pea crops are rich vegetable protein and amino acids. For this reason, the vegetable is recommended to be introduced into the diet of people on a strict vegetarian diet or fasting. Peas - a good alternative to meat products, it also nourishes the body with protein.
- In a plant high in B vitaminsresponsible for the functioning of the digestive and nervous systems. In addition, it is important to know that vitamin B is directly involved in the main metabolic processes occurring in our body. The lack of these substances causes gastric disorders, as well as failures in the nervous system, a decline in mental activity, insomnia and sleep disorders.
- Useful vegetable culture and for the health and performance of the cardiovascular system. Magnesium and potassium, contained in a vegetable, have a beneficial effect on the state of the heart muscle, strengthen blood vessels and promote active blood circulation throughout the body and, as a result, more intensive nourishment of all cells and organs.
- Iron, present in the composition of peas in sufficient quantities, it is necessary for the normal operation of the circulatory system. This substance is involved in the synthesis of red blood cells, is the prevention of anemia and anemia.
- Rich peas and tocopherol, or vitamin E. This substance is extremely useful for the health of the female reproductive system and the normalization of the menstrual cycle. In addition, tocopherol significantly improves the condition and appearance of hair, skin and nails.
- Calcium and phosphorus in composition necessary for the formation of bone tissue and support the state of tooth enamel. Calcium reduces bone fragility, strengthens the musculoskeletal system and reduces the risk of developing its diseases.
- Well helps peas and in the fight against cancer cells. Regular consumption of this vegetable significantly reduces the risk of developing cancer.
- Iodinecontained in the product, has a positive effect on the health and functioning of the endocrine system, normalizes hormones and improves the overall condition of the body.
- A beneficial effect on vegetables and the digestive system and the gastrointestinal tract. Pea facilitates the digestion of food, accelerates intestinal motility, helps cleanse the body of toxins and toxins. Dishes from pea cultures relieve pain in the stomach, help fight heartburn and other disorders of the digestive system.
- Recommended include peas in the diet of childrenSince this vegetable, due to the contained vitamins and minerals, contributes to the development of a growing organism.
- The product also helps fill the deficit of protein in the diet, promotes muscle growth, relieves fatigue, helps to quickly recover from intense physical exertion.
- Pea porridge for a long time nourishes and fights well with the feeling of hunger.
Harm and contraindications
- The main side effect of eating peas is increased flatulence. This unpleasant phenomenon can be avoided if you do not abuse the green vegetable.
- In the presence of diseases of the kidneys and urinary tract use of the product is also undesirable.
- It is forbidden to eat peas to persons suffering from diabetes.
- It is wise to eat a vegetable in its raw form, since such a dish can negatively affect the state of the stomach and provoke intestinal disorders. In the presence of gastritis, ulcers or other serious diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, peas should also be removed from your diet.
- Delicious and healthy dish is pea porridge. It is quite simple to prepare, but it is worth remembering that beforehand the peas should be soaked in water to soften them (keep in the liquid for at least an hour). Next, the grits should be placed on the stove, after boiling, reduce the fire and cook at medium temperature to a puree-like state. During cooking you need to constantly stir the peas and remove the foam from it. And, of course, do not forget to add salt and vegetable oil.
- Fresh and boiled peas contain the greatest benefit, the tinned product contains the least benefit (it has a high content of sugar and preservatives).
Peas and dishes from it must necessarily be included in the diet of each person, since this vegetable crop is very beneficial for health, normal functioning of the digestive system and replenishing protein deficiency.
Green peas benefit and harm
Fresh green peas and dishes from it improve the functioning of all internal organs. Useful properties are caused by a rich content of vitamin-mineral complex and other nutrients.
It should be borne in mind that in addition to the benefits, the vegetable can bring harm to health. Green peas can cause allergic manifestations and disrupt the functioning of the digestive system: abdominal distension appears, heaviness in the stomach, upset stool.
The benefits of fresh green peas
Green peas are eaten not only fresh. From it you can cook soups, cereals, add to salads. In any form, peas have a positive effect on the work of all body systems.
Peas strengthens and activates the growth of muscle tissue without increasing fat mass, improves blood composition, cardiac activity, improves immunity.
For the body
Green peas are characterized by the following beneficial properties:
- reduces the level of harmful cholesterol due to the nicotinic acid content,
- helps to remove sand from the kidneys and relieve seizures during urolithiasis,
- Fiber improves intestinal motility,
- Selenium, which is contained in the product, prevents the development of cancer tumors,
- peas, due to the high content of potassium, folic acid, lutein, has a beneficial effect on the heart, eliminates arrhythmia,
- boosts immunity and fights pathogens,
- helps to deal with heartburn,
- Calcium and manganese do not allow the development of diseases of the skeletal system.
This is a list of the most common spheres of action of vegetables, but there are other useful qualities of the product.
Green peas due to the calcium content, improves the condition of hair and skin, restores the nail plate. Iron maintains hemoglobin levels at the proper level, this is especially important during menstruation. Folic acid helps rejuvenate the skin, restore damaged cells and improves the functioning of the reproductive organs.
In moderate doses, the peas will only benefit the expectant mother and the fetus:
- folic acid accelerates the process of cell division, the formation of RNA and is involved in laying the baby’s nervous system,
- potassium and calcium are involved in laying the skeletal system,
- vitamin composition prevents the development of avitaminosis and the development of anemia,
- sleep improves, irritability disappears.
In large doses, dishes from the peas can cause an increased formation of gases, which will create discomfort for the expectant mother and child.
Green peas are low-calorie foods with a high content of fiber and protein, which are easily and completely absorbed by the body. These components contribute to the rapid saturation of the body, giving energy and strength for a long time. Fiber normalizes intestinal function and removes accumulated toxins.
The product helps to quickly restore strength and energy after sports training, helps build muscle.
Regular inclusion in the diet of legumes prevents the development of diseases of the genitourinary system. Green peas increase potency, improve the quality of sexual intercourse.
Peas enrich the growing body of children with vitamins and minerals, increases appetite. Calcium strengthens the teeth and bone system, prevents the development of skin diseases.
The components of the product improve memory, attention, restore the bowels, strengthen the cardiovascular system.
Pea seedlings are rich in enzymes and inulin, which can reduce blood glucose. Dietary fiber improves the intestinal tract, removes harmful impurities and toxins.In the germinated product the content of useful components increases several times.
Beans pour water and leave for a few days. Peas germinate quickly, within 5–6 days.
Who is not recommended to eat peas and dishes from it?
At observance of the recommended dosages the product will not entail negative consequences. In the case of an oversupply of vegetables, there may be a feeling of heaviness in the stomach, pain and flatulence in the stomach, nausea. Do not eat large amounts of beans during pregnancy.
When gout is allowed in small doses, there are beans, but only boiled. Fresh product is prohibited. Complications can cause a product during gastritis and ulcers. The product is contraindicated in case of acute manifestation of any diseases of the digestive tract, as well as in case of problems with blood.
How to choose fresh and canned peas?
To get only the benefits of the product, you need to choose a fresh and high-quality product. If you have to choose a fresh product, then the high quality is indicated by the rich green color of the pod, without white patches, dry and rotten spots.
Among the dry peas, it is better to choose small beans, green or bright orange. It is advisable to buy a packaged product that is protected from moisture.
In a canned product you need to check not only the expiration date, but also the date of manufacture of the goods. Early harvest says about the fresh harvest: the end of May or the beginning of June. The composition should not be any impurities and preservatives.
The composition of many popular recipes includes green peas. On its basis, make compresses, infusions, decoctions.
Dried or fresh peas help with heartburn. Enough to eat a couple of peas. Dried beans are pre-soaked in boiling water. After which the water is drained. Enough to chew 3-4 peas. The remaining beans are stored in the refrigerator for no more than a day.
With obesity and urolithiasis
From urolithiasis help shoots that are collected during the flowering period. They are poured boiling water and boil for another 10 minutes. Then leave to infuse for 20 minutes and filter. Drink the ready solution you need four times a day for 40 ml.
Due to the low calorie content, this legume is recommended to be included in the menu for obese patients.
What are the varieties of peas
The plant of the legume family has many varieties, and they are all used in food. There are 3 main types of product:
- Sugar, or green - as the name implies, peas have a pleasant sweetish taste. Most often, the variety is used to make salads, added to soups and main dishes. It is not necessary to process such peas, it is suitable for eating raw.
- Shelling - this variety needs to be boiled because it has a rigid structure. It is sold both as a whole and in a split form.
- Brainstorming is an unusual wrinkled pea. Boil it is not accepted, but it is often found in canned foods.
Yellow peas, often used in cooking, are not isolated in a separate variety. In fact, it is the same pea, but fully ripened and having undergone a drying procedure.
Despite the difference in appearance and processing methods, all varieties of peas have useful properties and are valuable for health.
Composition, nutritional value and calorie peas
To assess the benefits and harm of peas for the body, you need to look at the composition of this product. The following components are present in any variety of peas:
- vitamins B1 and B2,
- PP nicotinic acid,
- vitamins A and C,
- iron and potassium,
- selenium and fluorine,
- vitamins B4 and B5,
- cobalt and manganese,
- molybdenum and silicon,
- amino acids
- substance tamin.
Most of the peas contain carbohydrates, they account for 49 g. They are followed by proteins, occupying 20 g, and the fats present in the product in a volume of only 2 g. The caloric content of 100 g of peas is 298 kcal.
The benefits of peas for the body
The benefits of peas for the human body can not be overestimated - the product has a pronounced beneficial effect on health. With reasonable use of peas:
- improves blood composition and protects blood vessels from atherosclerosis,
- supports healthy heart activity
- lowers bad cholesterol
- accelerates metabolic processes in the body and increases peristalsis,
- helps in the presence of sand in the kidneys, because it has a diuretic effect,
- strengthens joints and bones, protects against arthritis and arthrosis,
- positive effect on the stomach and eliminates heartburn,
- strengthens the immune system and makes the body more resistant to viruses and infections.
The beneficial properties of peas include the fact that it contains many amino acids and is low in fat. Eating a product helps to build muscle mass, but does not lead to the appearance of excess fat deposits.
During pregnancy and breastfeeding
In the period of carrying a child can eat peas, the properties will bring a lot of benefit. First of all, the product will help to solve the problem of constipation, which pregnant women often suffer from, and relieve the symptoms of toxicosis. Peas have a positive effect on the nervous system, and, in addition, contain calcium, which is necessary for the formation of the bone system in the fetus.
However, women need to remember about moderate dosages of the product. It is necessary to consume peas little by little, otherwise it will harm and cause flatulence and diarrhea, there is a lot of fiber in the product.
As for the lactation period, it is better to refuse the product. It is highly likely that dietary fiber in the composition will lead to bloating and colic in the baby, which will undoubtedly cause harm.
What is useful for slimming peas
Peas are beneficial and harmful for losing weight, above all, the low calorie content can be attributed to the positive qualities. With a moderate use of the product, the amount of fat deposits will decrease, while the muscle mass will not decrease. Also, the pea perfectly satisfies hunger, so it becomes easier to transfer the diet with this product in the diet.
But you can not eat peas excessively on a diet. This can be harmful as the product increases gas production and causes diarrhea.
Peas can benefit from diabetes - the product is digested for a long time, so it gradually lowers the level of glucose. The use of peas helps to reduce the level of harmful cholesterol, which is also very valuable for this disease. In case of diabetes in small quantities it is allowed to add peas to almost any dish, the main thing is not to exceed the usual daily dosages of the product.
When gastritis benefits of the product becomes ambiguous. In case of exacerbation of the disease, it is recommended to remove the product from the diet. The properties of peas for digestion turn into harm, since the product irritates the stomach and once again increases the secretion.
However, in remission, it is possible to use the product in small quantities, it will help prevent constipation. Of particular benefit will bring peas in the quiet phase of gastritis with low acidity.
In case of acute inflammation of the pancreas it is strictly forbidden to eat peas in any kind, it will only be harmful. Avoid the product better and the first time after pain subsides, while the digestive system is still too weak.
During remission, it is allowed to add fresh or sprouted peas to the diet in very small quantities. Cooked and canned peas are best avoided, as they can cause aggravation.
Pea-based Traditional Medicine Recipes
Useful properties of the product are used not only in cooking, but also in home health recipes. The most common peas bring great benefits in the treatment of fairly serious ailments.
With strong heartburn, pea flour benefits. It is necessary to grind dry peas into powder, dilute a little with water and consume on an empty stomach in the amount of 1 large spoon. Useful flour will have a calming effect on the stomach, because it will quickly reduce the secretion.
Fiber and protein, present in large quantities in the product, help to quickly get rid of constipation. Good effect has a powder of pea flour, if you use it in the morning and in the evenings of 1 small spoon.
Useful properties of the product help even with such a serious illness, as a spleen cyst. Traditional medicine offers the following method:
- 8 large spoons of peas are soaked in the evening in hot water, and in the morning they pour the infusion and wash the peas,
- the soaked peas are again filled with water and boiled for 20 minutes,
- the finished dish is consumed early in the morning before breakfast and a few hours before bed for 2 weeks.
There is a need for peas without salt and without bread, but if you wish, you can flavor it with greens. The advantage of soaked peas is that it nourishes the body with nutrients, helps to eliminate fluids and toxins and reduces inflammation, so the cyst begins to dissolve.
Boiled peas benefit from cystitis. A useful medicine is prepared as follows - 100 g of peas are poured with 500 ml of water, put on the fire and boiled for 5 minutes after boiling. The cooled broth is filtered, and then taken a couple of sips three times a day.
From ulcers and boils
The ground product benefits from external use. Quickly get rid of ulcers and boils as follows - the flour from the peas must be diluted with a small amount of boiling water and put a compress on the sore spots.
When coughing, pea infusion has a beneficial effect. About 5 g of peas need to fill with hot water and leave under the lid for 6 hours, and then drink four times a day - 2-3 sips.
Since pea has anti-inflammatory properties, it is used for dermatitis and other skin irritations. Dry peas, stalks or plant leafs should be poured with a glass of boiling water and infused for 5 hours. Ready means make lotions on the affected areas of the skin, the infusion quickly reduces inflammation.
Pea helps to get rid of the painful toothache and bleeding gums. It is necessary to boil for half an hour in 100 ml of olive oil about 50 g of dry peas. When the tool is ready, it will need to pass through the gauze. Strained with oil broth rinse your mouth several times a day.
To cleanse the body of toxins
The benefits of raw peas are most often used for complex cleansing of the body - the product contains a lot of fiber. Once in the stomach and intestines, the peas swell and absorb excess moisture and harmful substances, and then remove them from the body.
When slagging and a tendency to constipation, it is recommended to take 1 small spoonful of pea flour daily. This amount will be enough to cleanse the body and constantly maintain regular stools.
The benefits and harm of germinated peas
Sprouts of pea are beneficial - they contain many digestive enzymes, the content of vitamins C and E in them is increased several times in comparison with the usual product. Sprouts strengthen peristalsis even more, therefore it is recommended to use this type of product on a diet and in order to cleanse the body. Sprouted peas bring benefits for diabetics, it contains the substance inulin, which is responsible for lowering the level of glucose in the blood.
Pea sprouts have a pleasant taste and are great for use in salads. To enjoy the benefits of pea seedlings, it is enough to soak them in water and leave them on wet gauze for 2-3 days - the product germinates very quickly.
How is boiled peas useful?
If green peas are usually consumed raw, the benefits of split peas are manifested only after boiling. The main valuable property of a boiled product is its increased nutritional value and high fiber content. After heat treatment in peas many vitamins remain, therefore it still brings benefits to the immune system and the digestive system.
The product is often used by athletes, because with the help of peas you can build muscle mass, it contains a lot of proteins and amino acids.
The use of peas in cooking
The benefits and harms of yellow peas and fresh green peas are used in a variety of culinary dishes. The product in raw or boiled form is added:
- in salads and canned snacks,
- in soups and porridges,
- in chowder and mashed potatoes,
- in vegetable stews, the product goes well with potatoes and carrots,
- in fried, boiled and baked dishes.
Pea flour is even added to bread, after which it becomes very useful for improving peristalsis.
How to cook peas
The benefits and harms of boiled peas depend on how well the product is prepared. The process of cooking the product is as follows:
- First, the yellow peas are soaked in cold water and left to stand for 5-7 hours,
- then the water from under the peas is drained and the grains are washed thoroughly - all harmful substances are removed from the peas,
- peas are again filled with clean water and put on a moderate fire with the lid closed.
It is necessary to boil the soaked grains for about 40 minutes, during this time the peas will completely melt and become soft and juicy.
How many peas can you eat per day
Useful properties of peas are subject to its moderate use. On the day you need to eat no more than 200 g of sweet green peas.
As for boiled yellow peas, the fiber in it is much more present, so the dosage must be reduced and consumed no more than 100 g of product per day.
Fresh Pea Mask
Young peas are beneficial for fading or too sensitive skin, as it effectively smoothes wrinkles and prevents the occurrence of inflammation. Vitamins in the composition of the product trigger the active synthesis of elastin, which is responsible for the natural renewal of the epidermis.
A good effect for dry and aging skin gives this mask:
- 15 g of young peas are kneaded into a mush and mixed with egg yolk,
- add 3 drops of cinnamon essential oil,
- spread over clean skin and leave the mask for half an hour.
For maximum effect, it is recommended to apply a mask several times a week.
Mask from black dots
Good cleansing properties have a mask of several components - peas, carrot juice and rice. Do it like this:
- 10 g of peas and 5 g of rice are mixed and ground into powder using a blender,
- ingredients pour 20 ml of fresh carrot juice,
- Circular light movements means spread over the skin of the face.
Keep the mask to just 4 minutes, then wash it off. A useful tool cleanses the pores, strengthens the elasticity of the vessels under the skin, and, in addition, helps to even out the complexion and make freckles less noticeable.
Strong rejuvenating properties of peas in combination with sour cream. This mask improves the elasticity of the epidermis and nourishes the skin with nutrients, smoothes out the first wrinkles and promotes cell renewal.
Prepare a mask like this:
- 20 g of peas are crushed to a state of flour and mixed with 10 ml of olive oil,
- add 50 g sour cream,
- Thoroughly stir and spread over the face for half an hour.
After this time, the mask will need to be washed off, and it is best to use not water, but slightly warmed milk.
Harm peas and contraindications to use
The beneficial properties of peas can easily turn into harm if used in certain diseases or exceed daily dosages. Contraindications for the product are:
- flatulence and a tendency to diarrhea,
- gout, purines are present in the product,
- breastfeeding - use of the product will have a negative impact on the health of the infant,
- chronic diseases of the stomach and intestines in the acute stage,
- increased blood clotting,
- inflammatory diseases of the kidneys.
With care you need to approach the raw peas, it should be in moderation, so as not to harm the intestines.
Pea culture is rich in magnesium, potassium, zinc, manganese, calcium, phosphorus, copper. Of the vitamins, it is worth mentioning riboflavin, thiamine, pantothenic and nicotinic acids, other B-group vitamins, retinol, tocopherol. The product has a lot of iodine, choline, amino acids.
Calorie 100 grams. is about 299 Kcal. Peas do not belong to low-or high-calorie foods, it can be placed in the "middle" category. Caloric content of green grain varies between 70-75 Kcal. 100 gr., it all depends on the maturity of the culture.
The benefits of peas for women
The product has a lot of calcium, which is required for beautiful ladies to maintain the proper condition of hair, nails and skin. Also, an element is necessary for pregnant girls to form a baby’s skeleton.
Incoming iron replenishes hemoglobin, which drops to a critical point during the menstrual cycle.
Folic acid is a naturally feminine vitamin. It slows down the premature aging of tissues, is responsible for cellular regeneration, improves the activity of the female genital organs.
Eating peas in food will prevent potential skin diseases and eliminate many dermatological problems. And the green peas gruel will clean the pores.
The benefits of peas for men
The main advantage of culture for men is the help in gaining muscle mass and the rapid recovery of the body after training. In peas a lot of protein, which is necessary for the elasticity of the fibers.
The value for the male half of the population lies in the ability to prevent many diseases associated with the sexual and excretory systems.
Peas have a positive effect on potency, enhances sexual activity. The accumulation of folic acid improves the number of sperm cells and their main function.
The benefits of peas for children
Culture increases appetite. This quality is useful for children who often refuse food and require sweets.
Peas are rich in calcium and protein, the elements are responsible for the condition of the teeth and bones. The product reduces the likelihood of caries formation, eliminates bad breath.
Peas have a positive effect on the digestive system of the child, regulates the activity of the heart muscle, and participates in blood formation. Culture enhances physical endurance.
The composition directly affects mental activity. The product should be included in the diet of children of school, preschool, student age. This increases the concentration of attention, improves vision and memory.
The benefits of peas for pregnant women
Peas are not recommended for use during lactation, but there are no restrictions during pregnancy. Culture concentrates many amino acids that a woman needs.
A pregnant woman often faces constipation, toxicosis, insomnia. These unpleasant problems can be solved if you eat peas regularly and in doses.
A huge accumulation of calcium forms the skeleton of the unborn child. Folic acid is responsible for the psyche, calming a woman during nervous breaks.
Harm and benefits of pea in diseases
Diabetes of the second type. Diabetes has several types. In the second case, the use of peas is allowed and even recommended by experts. When taking the product gently reduces the level of glucose in the blood. Diabetics know that sudden jumps or decline in sugar can lead to dire consequences. Peas are slowly digested by the body, due to which it is beneficial for such a disease. Along with this composition reduces the level of bad cholesterol, providing benefits for blood vessels.
Gastritis. Consider that the use of peas in the diagnosis of this disease is completely contraindicated. There are still exceptions. The product is forbidden to eat only in the acute form of the disease. In the absence of exacerbation, it is allowed to take peas in small quantities.
Pancreatitis. Food with pancreatitis is limited. It all depends on the form of the disease. It is forbidden to take porridge or soup with such a product. The exception concerns sprouted peas, in which case it is good for the body. Bean culture is allowed to use only fresh.
Rules for eating peas
- In cooking, use peas in different quantities and variations. Take the habit of eating pea soup or porridge in the morning. Bean culture goes well with other products, do not forget about it.
- Dishes and bean and pea salads are considered excellent protein shakes for the body. You can also add at least useful lentils. It is similar to peas on the principles of cooking.
- Use the product in different variations. Canned and pea peas can immediately be used as intended. There is a special type of legumes. "Mash peas" is widely used in Eastern cuisine for the preparation of delicious dishes.
- The undoubted advantage of canned and germinated peas is that the product can safely be consumed in the evening and at night. Bean culture in no way harm the figure.
Pea consumption rates
It is difficult to say with certainty what the norm of peas is permissible to consume per day. This view is formed because few people eat a product daily. Also the variety of forms of peas and its application in the culinary world is very extensive.
Green, canned, fresh peas are allowed to consume up to 200 grams. per day. As for the boiled product in the form of porridge, experts recommend to use once about 100 grams. per day (1 serving).
Pea flour in cosmetology
Pea is a genus of plants from the legume family. Peas contain B vitamins, carotene, vitamins C and PP, salts of iron, potassium and phosphorus. Also in the pea fruit contains a high percentage of antioxidants (substances that inhibit oxidation), proteins, calcium and iron.
Pea reduces the likelihood of cancer, heart attack, hypertension and inhibits the aging process of the skin. Peas contain a large amount of selenium, which is an anticarcinogenic agent.
Pea blocks the entry into the body of a number of radioactive metals. Preparations from pea flour are used in the treatment of skin diseases. Pea flour is taken in 1 teaspoon 3 times a day before meals.
Glutamic acid-rich, it helps with diabetes insipidus by improving nutrition of brain cells and normalizes metabolism. Peas are not recommended to be often included in the menu for older people. It is undesirable to use it for cholecystitis.
In cases of gout diseases, pea is contraindicated. You can not use it in case of circulatory failure. Pea is contraindicated in acute nephritis, exacerbation of inflammatory processes in the stomach and intestines.
By the content of fat and protein, this cereal surpasses all other cereals, and in combination with milk it can replace meat.
Masks for face, hair, body
Wrinkles will be smoothed out if you spend a monthly course of treatment with masks made from sour cream and pea flour (in equal shares). The mixture is applied to the face two or three times a week for 20 minutes, rinse it off with warm water.
Green peas, pounded into flour, was a favorite cosmetic of the ancient Roman women. The so-called Roman mask, made from pea flour and whey, is used now.
Two tablespoons of flour are kneaded in the same amount of whey and put a mask on the face. When the mixture dries, it is erased from the face with circular movements of the fingers, and then washed with hot and then cold water. This mask cleans the skin well, smoothes, makes it soft, elastic and velvety.
Russian empress Catherine II made face masks from pea flour. For this, I took 2 tbsp. spoons of flour, 1 tbsp. spoon of sunflower oil, 2 tbsp. spoons of milk. The mask was applied for 20 minutes and then washed off with cold tea.
Pea flour perfectly replaces the gel for washing and scrub for oily skin. The third part of a teaspoon of pea flour mix with water until the consistency of sour cream. Apply to skin for 10-15 minutes, rinse with cool water.
Nutritious Pea Mask
Ingredients: 0.5 cups of pea flour, 0.5 cups of water, 100 g thick sour cream or cream. Preparation: Mix flour and water. Wait until the mass thickens. In the resulting slurry, add sour cream or cream and mix well until a homogeneous mass.
Put a mask on your face and hold for 20-25 minutes. Wash it off with warm water and wipe the skin with a tonic. It is recommended to apply 1-2 times a week, especially in the cold season.
2st.l. henna (who does not wish to tint can be colorless) 2st.l. pea flour, 1 yolk, 1st.l. olive or burdock oil, Add boiling water to the consistency of sour cream, and in the oven that would "gurgled." Apply to wet hair min. for 30 minutes.
For many years, Chinese beauties have been caring for hair with such a tool:
Prepare flour from peas by passing it through a coffee grinder. Pour pea flour with warm water and leave to infuse overnight.
After this time, the resulting mass is applied to the hair and leave for thirty minutes. After this time, the mass is washed off with warm water. It is important to note that after this shampoo you should not use other hygiene products. The fact is that the pea mixture will remove all the dirt and grease from the hair.
The star of the “English Patient” and “Chocolate” for the sake of the delicate skin of the body is ready with feet for the head to coat itself with pea puree. As you can see, it's worth it. 300 g of pea flour diluted in 300 ml (one and a half cups) of milk and prepare from the resulting mass tender pea puree.
Then add 3-5 drops of your favorite essential oil. Juliette Binoche, for example, favors Rosmirin essential oil. Apply the mask on the body, paying special attention to areas with dry skin, hold for 15-20 minutes and rinse with warm water. This mask can be used for the face.
Yellow spots on face
Yellow spots on the face of a woman are treated by eating daily 1 tsp. dried in a pan pea flour. Pea flour improves nutrition of brain cells, normalizes metabolism, treats atherosclerosis. Pea flour is taken in a teaspoon 3-5 times a day before meals, washed down with warm boiled water.
Scar & Scar Treatment
The recipe for the treatment of scars and scars pea flour. To do applications on hems pea flour diluted with goat or cow milk diluted with water. The duration of therapeutic applications is 1 hour. The mixture should be warm.
Brain cell nutrition
Sowing powder of a pea in a teaspoonful 3-4 times a day is taken as a means of improving the nutrition of brain cells, normalizing metabolism. With frequent headaches, pea flour is ingested 2 teaspoons 3 times daily before meals.
Pea flour For the treatment of places, scorched with gunpowder, people use pea flour. She poured scorched places. Healing comes quickly. No trace remains. Pea flour, in the form of a dry poultice applied, spreads hard breast tumors quite well. Heat treatment with pea flour is contraindicated
with malignant tumors.
Resorption of external tumors
Zira with pea flour in Tajik-Persian medicine is used for resorption of external tumors, hemorrhages, etc.
Boils, carbuncles, solid inflammatory infiltrates. Scalded pea flour with boiling water and make a poultice - promotes rapid resorption.
Eczema, purulent wounds, bruises, acne, acute skin inflammation
Eczema, purulent wounds, bruises, acne, acute inflammation of the skin. Apply to these places gruel from unripe (green) seeds in pure form or mixed with egg white. As drying, change. You can use for a long time.