What is depression?
From a conversation with a psychotherapist S. V. Timofeev
Depression or depression - one of the seven deadly sins described in the Epistle of John Chrysostom (envy, stinginess, fornication, gluttony, pride, despondency, anger).
Accelerated rhythm of life, lack of physical exertion, high intensity of work causes constant nervous tension in people. If such external factors as loss of loved ones, divorce, chronic illness, constant lack of money, lack of understanding of relatives are superimposed on this background, then life begins to lose its meaning. Such a person is constantly in a gloomy state, everything falls out of his hands, he becomes apathetic, absent-minded, irritable, begins to think about suicide.
Depression (from the Latin. Deprimo - “crush”, “crush”) - mental disorder. The main symptom of depression is a reduced mood and a decrease or loss of the ability to enjoy (angedonia).
Additional symptoms of depression may include reduced self-esteem, inadequate guilt feelings, pessimism, impaired concentration, sleep and appetite disorders, and suicidal tendencies.
Severe forms of depression are characterized by the so-called “depressive triad”: a decrease in mood, inhibited thinking and motor inhibition.
Depression can be a symptom of certain physical diseases and a side effect of certain drugs and treatments, if the cause of the depression is not obvious and the depressive disorder occurs without external influences, this depression is called endogenous.
How to cure depression? How to get rid of depression yourself - 10 ways.
Here are some tips:
- Depression is a subconscious desire to feel sorry for you. Therefore, man needs to speak outcry in the vest. But depression - a contagious thing, is transmitted easily, no need to shift their misfortune on other people's shoulders. It is better to contact a professional. To drag on a visit to a psychotherapist is not worth it. Depression can cause stomach ulcers, atopic dermatitis, bronchial ulcers.
- Reorientation, switching with troubling issues for something else. If you feel bad, find strength and arrange general cleaning, sign up for a course on florists or a foreign language. Do not sit in the apartment, as if this would not be desirable, pull yourself into the street, walk around the city, go to the forest, to the exhibition, to the zoo. Find yourself an interesting activity. Take a break from psychological wounds so that thoughts flow in a different direction.
- Word therapy. This principle of treatment of depression is often used by physicians. Everyone knows that a sharp word sometimes hurts a person for a long time, he worries, winds himself up. The good word can both cure and save. This is true for the surrounding relatives and friends of the patient.
- Physical activity. Our ancestors immediately followed a physical reaction to any danger and threat. In modern man, in response to stress, adrenaline is also produced, but it is harder to discharge physically. You will not beat the chief in response to his shouts. It is better to organize yourself an easy run, classes in the gym or at the stadium. Exercise relieves stress and helps to overcome depression.
- Humor - an effective tool in the fight against depression. Nerve cells at the moment of laughter are activated. The body produces painkillers and drugs - opiates and endorphins. With their help, nervous tension is relieved, vital organs begin to work better, immunity is strengthened. There is a case in which an incurable patient with a spinal cord disease moved from a hospital to a hotel, where he constantly watched comedy films and humorous programs, read anecdotes. Gradually, mobility began to return to him. After a few years, no symptoms of the disease remained.
- Restriction of negative emotions. Refuse criminal news, thrillers, discussions on national and religious issues. Negative emotions are a strong source of toxins that poison our bodies.
- Focus on the good. Remember the pleasant episodes in your life, look for the good sides of what happened to you. Listen to good music, watch good programs and even soap series.
- Self-confidence. Let your motto be: “if the other has succeeded, then I can”. With this technique, you can achieve great success in coping with stress and cope with depression. If you really want to, you can withstand any onslaught of fate, you just need to give yourself the appropriate installation, tune in to win.
- Antidepressants. They overwhelmingly have contraindications. They should be used only as prescribed by a doctor, otherwise, instead of treating depression, you can get a whole bunch of other diseases.
- Folk remedies for depression. They are much milder than antidepressants and have no side effects. Cure depression help Valerian, motherwort, hawthorn, lemon balm.
Recipes of folk remedies for self-treatment of depression:
- Mix in equal parts the leaves of the watch trifoliate, peppermint, Valerian root. 1 tbsp. l collection pour 1 cup boiling water, insist 30 minutes. Drink 1-2 glasses in the evening or 3 times a day for half a glass half an hour before meals.
- A mixture of hop cones and valerian root is prepared and accepted in a similar way.
- 4 tsp. marjoram pour 1 cup boiling water, insist. Take 1/3 cup 3 times a day.
- With increased nervous excitability and insomnia in a glass of hot water dissolve 1 tsp. honey, add juice 1/2 lemon. Drink this drink for 3 times.
Dealing with depression on your own - advice from Dr. Lyubimova.
Depression has different types and depends on the nature of the person. If he has been accustomed to patience since childhood, then his fate is depressive apathy. If a person belongs to people who are active, then he begins to feel anxiety and fear, because he cannot solve problems in his usual active way.
If depression is recognized at the time, you can get rid of it quickly and painlessly. As soon as you feel the first symptoms of depression, you should immediately contact a psychotherapist, because if you do not treat depression, then it will become chronic with frequent exacerbations, the metabolism will change, the person will lose interest in life. But even at this stage it is possible to help the patient with antidepressant treatment, but it is better to start taking measures at the initial stage, not to allow depressed mood.
To help yourself not to fall into depression, you can use folk remedies.
- From a bad mood help aromatherapy. Apply 2 drops of bergamot oil on your handkerchief and periodically inhale the healing aroma.
- Hypericum tea also improves mood after 10-14 days of intake.
- From weakness of nervous origin - wipe in the morning with salted water - 1 tsp. on 1 glass of water.
- From nervousness, anxiety helps infusion of collecting herbs: St. John's wort, hop cones, valerian. Hops can be replaced with melissa.
- Feeling of fear will help beat the tea from basil.
- To strengthen the nervous system - an infusion of primrose leaves and roots.
- From insomnia and nervous disorders - tea from peppermint leaves.
The mechanism of action of plant antidepressants
Adaptogenic herbs are a class of medicinal plants that inhibit the production of stress hormones and relaxes the nervous system. Such herbs, in particular, include Rhodiola Rosa and Ashwagandha. They help balance and protect the body by reducing cortisol levels. This hormone contributes to a feeling of fatigue and “fogging” of the mind, and the brain structures responsible for emotions and memory are damaged when cortisol levels are too high.
Another herb, similar in properties to adaptogenic - St. John's wort. It has the ability to stimulate the production of serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine in the human brain. This is important because these three neurotransmitters help improve mood and reduce the symptoms of depression. However, if you decide to use St. John's wort as a folk remedy for depression, do it only under the guidance of your doctor. The fact is that this herb can interact with a number of drugs, increasing or vice versa, preventing their action.
The use of herbs allows you to cope with many of the symptoms of depression, including worsening of sleep, headaches, difficulty concentrating, feeling tired, problems with appetite, tearfulness and irritability.
A good remedy is the combination of thyme and rosemary.
- Rosemary leaves are part of a variety of seasonings and are commonly used to flavor meat, potatoes, and cooking oils. However, this plant is also a natural antidepressant and anxiolytic agent (that is, it removes emotional stress, anxiety, anxiety). Rosemary is great for dishes from peas, lamb, veal and fish.
- Thyme is an excellent source of lithium and tryptophan. This seasoning in small doses can act as a sedative. Use rosemary thyme as a seasoning for roasts or for eggplant and bell pepper dishes.
To calm the nerves and normalize sleep, you can use ready-made, or do-it-yourself collection of valerian, St. John's wort and chamomile.
- Take 1 teaspoon of each herb, make a glass of boiling water and leave for 20 minutes.
- Then strain and drink warm, a tablespoon per hour.
- The course of treatment is from 2 to 3 weeks.
Essential oil of lavender is used in a large number of sprays, oils and lotions. Its smell causes calm and casts sleep. It is not addictive or health hazard. Add five to seven drops of lavender oil in a warm bath if you feel anxious or anxious.
Chamomile is especially useful for people suffering from both depression and anxiety. There are two main types of chamomile that are used in medicine: German or wild chamomile (Matricaria recutita) and Roman or English chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile). German chamomile is more widely used, but both offer very similar health benefits.
In one study, chamomile extract was compared to placebo for the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder. After 8 weeks of this randomized, double-blind study in people with generalized anxiety disorder who were given chamomile, a statistically significant decrease in anxiety was recorded.
However, chamomile can be taken not only inside, but also used for bathing:
- Take 2 tablespoons of chamomile and mint.
- Pour herbs with a liter of hot water, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Let one tea stand and pour the infusion into a warm bath.
Remember, folk remedies for depression do not replace medical diagnosis and treatment. Depression is a very serious condition, sometimes accompanied by suicide attempts. It requires mandatory medical intervention. After medication treatment, most people who suffer from depression return to normal.
How to treat depression folk remedies at home
The most common natural remedies for the treatment of mild and moderate manifestations of depression is valerian. This plant acts as a mild antidepressant and anxiolytic, improves sleep and relieves anxiety. This is a good option for evening use. Valerian can be taken throughout the day in very small doses, 20 milligrams or less.
In fact, it is widely available in “sleepy teas” at a dose of about 20 mg. For the normalization of sleep or with strong anxiety in the evening you can use doses up to 600 mg. It is important not to combine valerian with alcohol or other depressants.
A very good remedy for nervous tension, fear, insomnia and mental exhaustion is tea with motherwort, melissa, hunter and valerian.
It can be easily prepared at home:
- Mix 20 grams of motherwort, 15 grams of Hypericum, 5 grams of hawthorn fruit, 10 grams of valerian root and lemon balm leaves.
- All components pour a glass of boiling water and let it brew for 5 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve or cheesecloth and drink tea in the form of heat. It is desirable for the night, because it may tend to sleep.
The list of how to treat depression with folk remedies includes herbs-adaptogens. Their bright representative - Rhodiola Rosea. It increases the body's resistance to stress and is widely used in Russia as a tonic and remedy for fatigue, poor attention and memory impairment.
- A study published in 2007 in the journal Nordic Journal of Psychiatry, showed that patients with mild and moderate depression who took rhodiola extract reported fewer symptoms of depression compared with those who took placebo.
- The most common undesirable effects when taking this remedy were dizziness and dry mouth. Rhodiola seems to work faster than regular herbal antidepressants, often showing its effect in less than a week.
- Start with 100 mg once daily for a week. And then increase the dosage to 100 mg every week, up to 400 mg per day, if necessary.
Ashwagandhaalso known as Indian ginseng, is another adaptogen herb. It is used in Ayurveda, the traditional medicine of India.
- A study of participants in the group receiving the drug with ashwagandha in a randomized, double-blind study compared with the placebo group showed that the level of cortisol in the blood of the subjects decreased significantly after 60 days of treatment. And the side effects were minimal. This natural remedy is a good protector against stress.
- Ashwagandha also demonstrated efficacy in treating bipolar disorder.
- Other studies have shown that Indian ginseng can act as a mood stabilizer in the treatment of obsessive compulsive disorder.
- The dosage for treating an adult is one capsule containing 300 mg of plant root extract twice a day. Again, all studies showed only minimal side effects, and no serious side effects were observed when taking ashwagandha.
There is not only a useful, but also a delicious way to treat depression with folk remedies. This is a diet high in fruits and vegetables. It nourishes the body with vital nutrients that regulate mood.
For example, fruits and vegetables rich in folic acid contribute to metabolic processes in the brain and there are studies that show that folate deficiency can lead to depressive symptoms. Some of the best folate sources include pomegranate juice, avocados, bananas, strawberries, beets, and broccoli.
The body also needs antioxidant food to combat the biochemical changes that occur when you are under stress. These products include grapes, blueberries, goji berries, blackberries and cranberries.
Duration of treatment
All methods include long-term treatment - from 1 to 3 months.The fact is that herbs do not have an instant, but a cumulative effect. Their effects will begin to be felt, on average, a week after ingestion.
If you suffer from depression and want to use food and herbs to relieve your condition, do it under the supervision and guidance of a psychotherapist, neurologist or psychiatrist. If you notice any adverse reactions to any of the natural treatments for depression, or your symptoms worsen, stop using the product and consult your doctor.
3 medicinal plants to help with depression
The most effective herbal medicines that will save you from a depressed state are:
An effective component of the plant is hypericin, which is found in the flowers of Hypericum. Substance has an oily structure. Infusions and solutions using the flower of Hypericum are contraindicated and require maximum caution when taken. You can not use St. John's wort in combination with antidepressants, as in this situation the patient is waiting for the opposite effect, but not the desired. The main reason for this manifestation is the effect of the substance on the digestive organs, primarily on the state of the liver. After taking the healing infusion, the metabolism increases, which ensures the most rapid elimination of medicinal components from the body, that is, the drugs do not even have time to manifest their stated properties. St. John's Wort has long been recognized as a natural anti-depressant, which quickly and efficiently helps to get out of depression. For the treatment used two parts of the plant: leaves and flowers.
Recipe. The method of preparation is quite simple: it is necessary to pour 1-2 small spoons of dried flowers and the herb part of St. John's wort with boiling water in a volume of 200 ml and let it brew for 10 minutes. For each dose, you should brew a fresh batch. It is necessary to drink healing tea two or three times a day for several months. The therapeutic effect begins about a month after the start of taking herbal broth. A typical dose of pharmacy hypericin is 300 milligrams of 0.3% extract from the flowers of a plant when consumed three times.
It is required to strictly and strictly observe the dose and time of taking this natural medicine for depression.
Lemongrass Chinese (Shizandra)
Strong stress shocks, mood swings, a prolonged state of depression require maximum attention to their health. Using natural ingredients, you can significantly improve your well-being during depression. Chinese lemongrass perfectly copes with the feelings, torments of the soul, uncertainty, and also improves the mood of life.
A pleasant consequence of lemongrass treatment is enhanced activation of adrenal function, increased sexual desire, improved liver function. Due to the use of infusion of Chinese lemongrass, the body becomes easier to cope with toxins and harmful substances accumulated in the gastrointestinal tract. The standard dose of the use of a pharmacy drug is 500 milligrams twice a day - in the morning and at lunchtime, it is impossible to use lemongrass in the evening, otherwise there will be problems with sleep.
Pharmacies also sell alcohol tincture of lemongrass berries, which is recommended to be used while reducing performance, loss of strength, sluggish mood and other similar conditions. The dosage is 20-30 drops 2 times a day. In severe cases, with very high workloads and increased emotionality, the allowable rate can be exceeded up to 40 drops at a time.
Recipe. You will need dried and crushed berries of lemongrass in the amount of 20 grams, you need to pour 100 ml of pure alcohol, put the composition in a dark bottle and put in a dark place without access to direct sunlight. It is necessary to insist the solution for 10 days, stirring occasionally and shaking. After the end of the week it is necessary to open the bottle, squeeze the berries, and leave the liquid alone for 2-3 days. The final processing process will be straining: the result should be a clear infusion.
As a vitamin, you can use the tincture without alcohol. 10 grams of dry berries must be chopped and boiled in 200 ml of pure water. After straining, you can drink the infusion in the form of tea. To taste, you can add honey or sugar.
Compliance with the dosage and time of medication is a prerequisite for the successful treatment of depression folk remedies.
Passion Flower (Passiflora)
In the ranking of soothing herbs, passionflower occupies only the third place, since it does not have a strongly pronounced effect, but it helps to cope with the feeling of growing anxiety. Anxiety is usually treated with medicinal antidepressants. It is worth noting that the use of passionflower is perfectly combined with the use of pills for depression. Extract of this herb can be purchased at any pharmacy.
The recipe is extremely simple: 1 teaspoon of herbal tea is necessary to pour 150 ml of boiling water. After a 10-minute infusion, the solution can be drained and consumed. To achieve a sedative effect, it is recommended to take a glass of infusion shortly before bedtime.
Homeopathic medicine from the pharmacy is taken according to the scheme: 20-60 drops before bedtime. The patient can calculate the number of drops himself, on the basis of his condition and the desired result.
Other recipes of traditional medicine
Myrtle. If you began to feel a sense of melancholy and loneliness, and suspect depression, try to take a bath with leaves and flowers of myrtle. They can be taken both fresh and dry. Also add these flowers to tea, and also rub the leaves of myrtle with your hands. It is useful to inhale the smell of this tree. To calm your nerves, try putting dried myrtle in small-sized bags and hang such bags in your bedroom, car, or where you work.
Collection of herbs. Take 2 parts of hop cones, one part of chamomile flowers, valerian root and lemon balm, and grind in a coffee grinder. After that, take 2 tablespoons of the resulting herbal powder and brew two cups of boiling water. After 15 minutes of infusion, strain the broth. Drink should be sip throughout the day. Be sure to leave plenty of medication for the night to sleep better. The course of treatment of depression should be continued for seven days.
Carrot Juice You can even advise to drink more carrot juice. Just be sure to freshly squeezed! It has a positive effect on the nervous system.
Vitamins and minerals needed for depression
Vitamins of group B. Very often, in the depressed state, vitamin therapy is prescribed. The main point is a comprehensive treatment. For example, B-12 is needed by the body to ensure the protective function of neurons, and B-6 will protect women from unpleasant sensations during the premenstrual syndrome. The action of folic acid is simply necessary for every person, and people who suffer from depressive states are shown to use it in the right amount. The greatest concentration of this vitamin is composed of green vegetables.
Magnesium. Calcium and magnesium occupy a leading position in improving the emotional state of the patient. Magnesium helps to eliminate disorders associated with sleep, eliminates muscle spasms, removes stones from the kidneys, helps to cure stroke and asthma.
Magnesium is found in many foods (per 100 g):
Sea urchins (including caviar) - 1016 mg,
Rice bran - 781 mg,
Wheat bran - 611 mg,
Sesame (white and black) - 640 mg,
Flax seeds - 392 mg,
Brazil nut - 376 mg in (be careful, you can get selenium poisoning!),
Depression Symptoms and Diagnostic Techniques
Correctly diagnosing depression is not so easy, because it is one of the symptoms of psychosomatic diseases. Diagnosis begins with a conversation, a survey of the patient, various tests.
There is a so-called "depressive triad" by which the disease is determined.
- Prolonged inhibition is accompanied by slowness, stiffness of movements.
- Slowness of speech and thinking manifests itself in a distorted perception of the world, silence.
- A bad mood during depression does not depend on the events around.
After consultation, the doctor conducts a clinical evaluation. Sometimes it is necessary to take tests on the functioning of the thyroid gland to identify possible diseases that affect mood.
Common symptoms of depression:
- muscle fatigue, accompanied by inhibition,
- daytime sleepiness and sleeplessness at night
- sharp fluctuations in weight
- abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation,
- irritability and aggression towards others,
- deterioration of attention span
- unreasonable disturbing thoughts, obsession,
- lack of self-confidence,
- unwillingness to leave personal space.
Suicidal thoughts occur in people suffering from severe forms of depression. In this case, you need to seek help from a specialist.
Types of depression and causes
There are several types of depression:
- exogenous appearance is manifested due to external stimuli. It could be a loss of work, the death of a loved one, separation from a loved one, and so on,
- endogenous occurs as a result of internal problems; sometimes a person cannot explain the cause of the disorder.
Exogenous depression passes when a person accepts a situation as it is or finds an optimal solution to a problem.
To cope with endogenous depression is difficult, as it provokes the development of serious mental illness.
Opinions of doctors on this subject differ. Some agree with the formulation of the types of depression described above. Others argue that exogenous depression is no less dangerous than endogenous.
Stage of the disease
Consider several stages of the disease.
- Bad mood and sadness. Unresolved affairs accumulate, the emotional state leaves much to be desired. Everyone encountered such a thing, at this stage you need to pull yourself together.
- Anxiety for no reason makes it difficult to concentrate. A person often suffers from sleep disorders, lost interest in what used to be important.
- The third stage is accompanied by attracting the attention of others. A person suffering from depression is inadequate, which causes him to irritate himself and others.
- At this stage, the person turns into a critic. He does not like everything and everyone, speech becomes incoherent, slander is replaced by silence.
- The last stage of the depressive state involves obsessive thoughts about death. The man is closed, refuses to contact with other people. In some cases, attempts to commit suicide. If at this stage no one is helped, he will go insane or commit suicide.
Some people easily overcome all obstacles, others become depressed, which turns into a deep depression. This is a serious disease that requires a competent approach.
Features of endogenous depression
Endogenous depression provokes a certain combination of character traits, unfavorable heredity, lifestyle. This kind of disease manifests itself as a result of emotional stress, in which a person stays for years.
People inclined to control everything are rarely satisfied with their lives, they are trying to foresee everything, to realize themselves, to achieve their goals. In addition to these qualities, they are too sensitive, worried about the opinions of others, vulnerable and emotionally unstable.
If everything goes wrong as planned, the person goes into himself, fences off from others, often breaks down, feels depressed and empty. In this situation, endogenous depression develops with all the ensuing consequences.
The nuances of postpartum depression
The psycho-emotional state of the newly-born mother is unstable. Many women after childbirth experience depression.
Symptoms of postpartum depression are:
- excessive emotionality.
Emotional instability is provoked by such factors as: uncertainty, guilt, tension, dramatic changes, new responsibilities.
Most women cope with postpartum depression on their own. But, there are those who cannot get out of the constantly repressed state without outside help. Support of close people plays an important role, if necessary, you need to consult with your doctor.
No other existing medication has been recognized as the best in the fight against depression. Most drugs eliminate the symptoms of the disease, not the cause.
Antidepressants are more popular than ever. They really help, but only in the case of appointment as a doctor.
Drug treatment involves taking: antidepressants, neuroleptics, normotics, antihypoxants. Taking the above drugs, be sure to comply with the specified dosage.
Treatment with pills
Pharmacies are full of antidepressants that are sold without a prescription. Drugs eliminate anxiety, insomnia, relieve depression.
Strong antidepressants without a prescription are not sold, but you can buy lightweight pills that affect your well-being and mood.
- Maprotiline removes inhibition, eliminates apathy and anxiety. Contraindications: pregnancy, kidney disease.
- Prozac eliminates panic attacks, relieves obsession. Taking medication makes a person balanced.
- Paxil eliminates phobias, depression, stressful situations.
- Persen calms nerves, consists of natural ingredients.
Some vitamins and amino acids stabilize mood, give vivacity and vitality, have a mild sedative effect. Indications for depression: B vitamins, vitamin C, D.
Exercise in the fight against depression
In the fight against bad mood and depression helps running, which contributes to the production of endorphins, responsible for the feeling of joy.
Not only running helps get rid of obsessive thoughts. This will help dancing, cycling, walking, swimming and much more. Choose a lesson that gives you pleasure, and start practicing, no matter how difficult it may be at first.
An excellent alternative to intense training is yoga. Regular classes improve mood, tone up, fill with energy, resist depression.
Water treatments to lift the mood
It is known that water purifies not only the body, but also the soul. Regular water treatments relieve psychological and emotional stress.
Take a bath with aromatic oils with a relaxing and soothing effect. This is the easiest way to improve your mood.
Twice a week, take a bath with the addition of infusion of valerian root and decoction of pine needles.
If you have time, do not deny yourself the pleasure of walking along the water (a river, a lake will do), it is not necessary to swim. 5 minutes is enough for you to feel relaxed and forget about the problems.
Wear warm socks on wet feet. Walk around the room until the feet are completely dry.
With a bad mood, loss of strength, depression, the shower will cope. Taking a shower, imagine that all the problems go away with the water.
Nutrition against depression
Many are accustomed to seize their problems, hence, excess weight and obesity. It turns out that there are products that positively affect the emotional state, and do not affect the figure.
In the period of depression, take care of the diet, it must be complete.Among the products of antidepressants stand out: bananas, strawberries and dark chocolate.
Vitamin B present in foods has a relaxing effect. Eat regularly: shrimp, salmon, tuna, chicken, beef liver, hazelnuts.
The chemical composition of honey are substances that positively affect the nervous system.
The product contains:
- B vitamins,
- vitamin E,
- provitamin A,
- selenium and magnesium,
These are anti-stress substances that help confront problems, cope with insomnia, relieve fatigue and apathy, and reduce nervous irritability.
You may be interested in an article about the treatment of multiple sclerosis.
After reading this article, you will learn all the symptoms and treatment of thyroid.
Some drinks, as well as products, have an anti-stress effect.
- From bad mood will relieve the drink with mint and melissa. Herbs soothe, give the drink a unique taste and aroma. Lemon and honey will help strengthen the effect
- It has a relaxing effect of tea with ginger, cocoa and honey. As a bonus, we note the fat burning properties of ginger root,
- Mix 2 bunches of fresh lemon balm leaves and juice from 4 oranges. A simple drink uplifting, has a calming effect,
- You will need 500 ml of boiled milk and a tablespoon of whipped cream. Mix the ingredients, heat on the stove. Add 100 g of dark chocolate. Heat the drink until the chocolate is completely dissolved. Use in the form of heat, add a pinch of cinnamon.
Recipes decoctions and tinctures
- Ginseng - a plant that has a calming effect.
Crush 50 g of the plant root, fill it with 500 ml of medical alcohol. Leave in a glass jar for a month. Strain before use. Use herbal tincture of 20 drops 3 times a day.
- Dougill is useful for nervous exhaustion, sleep disorders.
Brew two tablespoons of the crushed plant root in 500 ml of boiling water. An hour later, strain. Divide the infusion into about 4 doses.
- Cucumber herb invigorates and uplifting.
Dry grass (1 tablespoon) pour in 200 ml of boiling water. After a few hours, strain. This is one serving of stress-fighting drink.
- Chicory root will get rid of dark thoughts, set up in a positive way.
It will take: 2 tablespoons chopped root and a glass of boiling water. Cool the drink. Use 6 times a day for a tablespoon.
- Ficus relieve depression.
Cut 3 leaves from a houseplant, wash and dry. Get about 50 grams of gruel. Add it to 500 ml of high-quality vodka. Leave for 12 days. Strain. Put 15 drops of tincture on a piece of sugar, take 3 times a day.
- Flower picking will cure melancholy and mental disorder.
Take one tablespoon of dried flowers of lavender, fennel and anise. Fill them with a glass of boiling water. Cool, strain. Take in the morning, afternoon and evening.
- Avian Highlander for clarity of mind.
Dry raw materials (2 tablespoons) add boiling water to half a liter. Cool, strain. Take 4 times a day, 100 ml before meals.
- Herbal collection relieves blues.
Take 2 parts of hops, one part of valerian root, lemon balm and chamomile. Grind the ingredients to a powder. Add 2 tablespoons of herbs in 400 ml of boiling water. After 20 minutes, strain the infusion, take the prepared broth in small portions throughout the day.
- Tincture on vodka will cure seasonal blues.
Remove the zest from 1 lemon, add it to a liter of vodka. Add a pinch of nutmeg, crushed coriander, 2 spicy cloves, 10 g of lemon balm and a pinch of crushed angelica root. Leave to infuse for 14 days in a dark cool place. Strain the tincture and add one spoon to the tea.
- Chinese lemongrass will return strength.
Take the dried fruits of lemongrass, chop. Enough 1 tablespoon. Boil in 200 ml of water for about 30 minutes. Cool, strain. Broth take a tablespoon, morning and evening.
Pollen is a natural antidepressant with healing properties.
- Acacia pollen is considered a powerful sedative.
- Cucumber pollen soothes nerves, relieves headaches, restores the protective functions of the body,
- Rosemary pollen will relieve chronic fatigue,
- Lavender pollen strengthens the nervous system, has a positive effect on the work of the cardiovascular system.
- Rosemary pollen will relieve fatigue, return strength.
Regardless of the type of pollen, the same dosage is recommended, 1 teaspoon before each meal. This method of getting rid of depression has contraindications, including: individual intolerance to the components, allergic reactions, the body's tendency to bleeding, diabetes mellitus, the period of pregnancy and feeding.
A depressed person sees everything in black, so learn to notice the positives in any situation. For an optimist, any problem is not a dead end, but an opportunity to find a way out and do it with the least loss.
The worldview will not change overnight, we will have to work on it. Stop doing self-flagellation, love yourself the way you are. Learn to rejoice in what you have, but do not stop there.
Do not dwell on the problem, switch attention to pleasant moments. Appreciate yourself and your time, have a rest and do not drive yourself into frames, to get out of which can be very difficult.
There are rules that will help quickly and permanently get rid of depression:
- full sleep eliminates obsessive thoughts,
- balanced nutrition restores the nervous system
- exercise, regular exercise prevents depression,
- do something that brings pleasure.
Each person knows these simple rules, but knowing one thing and doing the other.
If suicidal thoughts do not leave, urgently talk to close people, consult a doctor, do everything to get out of deep depression with minimal loss.
- Depression is a mental disorder accompanied by depression, exhaustion, and negative thoughts.
- Severe depression requires medical supervision.
- The disease is treated with antidepressants or popular methods.
- In the fight against depression helps sports, balanced nutrition, treatment with herbal infusions and decoctions.
We offer you a video from which you will learn the nature of depression and how to get rid of it yourself:
How to deal with depression at home
There are many reasons for the development of a mental disorder: even a worsening of a person’s health or ordinary tiredness can lead to such a disease as depression. For the treatment of a mild form of the disease, it is better to use folk remedies, but a prolonged disorder without good reason, for example, as a result of a serious shock, is considered a sign of mental pathology and requires medical therapy.
Normalization of the day regimen
Chronic fatigue syndrome occurs as a result of frequent sleep deprivation, downed day regimen, stress. To avoid or get rid of the depression that has already come, plan your schedule by the hour. In this case, it is necessary to go to bed until 23 hours and to take at least 8 hours to sleep. It is necessary to understand what has become a factor for mental disorder and eliminate it. Sometimes the source of nervous depression is to be found in unloved work or relationships with other people.
To eliminate depression, make a strict schedule for each day, try to stick to it as precisely as possible. Responsibility for the tasks undertaken and concentration on their implementation helps to survive difficult times. During a depressive state, it is better to alternate physical and mental stress. During this period, the adoption of important decisions should be abandoned, since the state is reflected in the adequacy of the human perception of the surrounding world.
If you do not feel significant changes in well-being after adjusting the daily routine, pay attention to diet. Eat a small amount of fresh fruit between each meal or drink tea with milk and honey. Giving a serious physical load to the body, a person throws out negative energy, so that he can get rid of depression. Return vigor, in addition, you can use regular hiking. Try to saturate the gray days with bright emotions - go to theaters, museums, go on hikes.
Music for relaxation and calm nerves
Treatment of depression with folk remedies involves not only taking herbal decoctions and tinctures: music has an excellent sedative effect on the nervous system. After listening to classical or other melodious compositions, sleep improves, muscle and mental tension is relieved. Music to relax and eliminate depression is the soft sound of a piano or flute. Also suitable vocalise or songs with recurring recitative and simple words. In addition, the following sounds are soothing:
- sounds of the rain,
- grass rustling
- the sounds of the sea surf.
What foods cheer up depression
You can support the body during depression by filling your diet with foods that increase the level of serotonin (the hormone of happiness). Folk remedies for depression are:
- dark bitter chocolate
- nuts, especially almonds,
- dairy products (cottage cheese, kefir, milk, cheese),
- lean meat
- berries - blueberries, blueberries, strawberries,
- natural juices from grapes, orange,
- sugar is an effective, but bad remedy that is better to replace with natural sweets like dried fruits.
Remedies for depression and anxiety
Folk remedies for depression are effective for seasonal and postpartum disorders. In addition, since a mental disorder is often caused by avitaminosis, a person will be able to replenish the level of vitamins in the body with the help of alternative medicine recipes. Treatment of depression at home with folk remedies involves the use of herbal antidepressants, herbal decoctions and tinctures, foods high in magnesium.
Depression requires compulsory treatment, while drug therapy is not always a justified measure. With the help of tools such as herbal antidepressants, you can gently relieve symptoms of mental disorder and quickly bring the nervous system back to normal. How to treat depression:
- Ginseng. Roots or leaves should be poured with alcohol (60%), after which the liquid is drawn for a month. The proportions for the preparation of a national remedy for depression - 1:10. Take the finished tincture is necessary three times a day for 15-20 drops.
- Hawthorn fruit. This folk remedy improves blood circulation, removes toxins, normalizes metabolism and improves mood. To prepare the medicine, it is necessary to pour 20 g of berries with water (200 ml) and put on a slow fire. When the liquid boils for 5 minutes, the container is removed from the stove and insisted for half an hour. Remedy for depression should be taken 1-2 cups daily, stretching the reception for a day.
- Melissa. The herb serves as an effective antidepressant; not only leaves, but also essential oil, young shoots of the plant are used to prepare a folk remedy for a mental disorder. Melissa can be added to tea or cook a decoction, placing a few leaves in boiling water and letting the liquid brew.
- Manchu Aralia. The roots of the plants need to grind, add to a container of alcohol (70%). The number of ingredients for the preparation of a folk remedy is taken arbitrarily, but the recommended proportions are 1: 5. After a week, the tincture of depression can be taken twice a day, 15 drops.
Foods High in Magnesium
Depression can be provoked by a deficiency in the body of a substance such as magnesium. Symptoms of magnesium avitaminosis are:
To prevent mental illness caused by a lack of this mineral, the daily ration should contain magnesium. What kind of food does this substance include:
- nuts (hazelnuts, almonds, cashews),
- millet, buckwheat porridge,
- Rye bread,
- pumpkin, sunflower seeds,
Soothing herbal teas
The main sedatives of traditional medicine are herbal teas. The most effective among them are:
- Collection number 1 from depression. It is necessary to mix the leaves of bilberry, rosemary, lemon balm and St. John's wort in equal amounts. Add 20 g of the mixture to 250 ml of boiling water, let the liquid stand for 20 minutes, then the product should be drained and taken as tea, sweetened with honey.
- Collection number 2 from depression. Anise, fennel, lavender flowers are combined in the same quantity. One tablespoon of the mixture is added to a cup of boiling water, allowed to infuse for a short time. To accept means costs, beginning in the morning on an empty stomach. This infusion calms the nerves, relieves the symptoms of mental disorder, improves mood.
- Collection of number 3 from a mental disorder. Preparation: flowers of heather, chamomile, hawthorn, lavender, St. John's wort grass, angelica roots, lovage and valerian are combined in equal parts. A spoonful of the mixture is added to a container with water at room temperature, put on a slow fire and boil for 15 minutes. After the tool has to stand for another quarter of an hour under the lid. After straining the liquid, take the drink thrice daily.