Exercises to pinch the sciatic nerve with pain in the leg will help eliminate discomfort, normalize blood circulation and unblock the nerve itself.
The most extensive nerve is the sciatic. Sciatica (actually infringement) most often occurs as a result of the inflammatory process. We must remember that to play sports or go to the gym during an exacerbation of the disease is impossible. The sciatic nerve originates in the lumbar region, then it goes through the pelvis, tailbone and reaches the toes. Since its length is quite large, the pain during inflammation of the sciatic nerve can manifest itself along its entire length - from the lumbar to the fingertips.
Although the nerve passes through both the legs of a person, pain is usually felt in only one. As for its intensity, it can be either insignificant or strong. The pain is increasing, aching, stabbing, sharp, and so on.
Pinching a sciatic nerve is a very strong, sharp pain, which most often appears suddenly. The patient assumes a forced, often uncomfortable position of the body, which brings him less suffering.
The patient complains of tingling or numbness in the lower limbs. Pinched nerve confused with something else can not.
When moving there is a strong pain that penetrates the lumbar region, passes in the gluteus maximus and gives in the entire lower limb. During laughter, coughing and other sudden movements, pain shoots through the lower back and leg.
Therapy for pinching the nerve should be provided without delay, otherwise the loss of sensation in the legs will progress.
Principles of treatment
To unlock the sciatic nerve, you need to find out the cause of the situation. Depending on this, therapy will be prescribed.
For example, if a pinch caused a neoplasm, the treatment will be surgical intervention.
As for the drug, the first thing you need to remove the pain and inflammation, In this case, NSAIDs and muscle relaxants will help.
To normalize metabolic processes in nerve cells, vitamins of group B are necessary, in the acute stage they are prescribed intramuscularly, then they can be taken orally.
Electrophoresis, electromagnetic fields, ultraviolet light, various types of massage, paraffin, hydrotherapy - all this is physiotherapy, which will be aimed at relieving the pain symptom, inflammation and release of the strangulated nerve.
Non-traditional treatment includes:
- stone therapy
- other methods, which are currently very much.
If we talk about folk recipes, then when pinching the sciatic nerve, tincture of a laurel leaf, horse chestnut, spruce buds, bee products, etc. are used.
Surgical treatment is indicated for the failure of conservative therapy.
One of the methods of treatment of nerve infringement is exercise therapy. This is an effective and extremely useful method that can be carried out both in specialized institutions and at home.
It allows you not only to relieve pain, but also to prevent subsequent pinching, because by performing special exercises, a person strengthens the muscular layer.
In addition, increased blood flow to the affected area, improves cellular and tissue nutrition.
We must immediately say that only gymnastics with pinching the nerve will not help, treatment should be comprehensive, especially in the acute period.
If the sciatic nerve is often pinched, then it is necessary to undergo a complete diagnosis and be thoroughly treated.
Gymnastics with pinching the sciatic nerve should be regular and systematic in remission. But if the inflammatory process is absent, then it very well removes pain in the period of exacerbation.
Before starting any treatment, you should consult with your doctor.
Doing the right gymnastic exercises
Gymnastics is good to do in the pool, as this reduces compression and muscle tension. During exercises in the pool, the water level should be up to the shoulders. The complex of exercises in the pool includes swinging the lower limbs, walking, describing semicircles with the foot, and so on.
Oriental techniques are also recommended. qigong. They are best practiced on an ongoing basis in the remission stage. It is necessary to begin classes under the supervision of a specialist who will teach you to do the exercises correctly.
In addition, the process of breathing is very important, which the instructor can also teach. If exercise therapy combined with a massage, the effect will be stronger.
You can do gymnastics at home. It must be borne in mind that during the exercise the pain may increase, which is why physiotherapy exercises are prescribed after the inflammatory process is stopped.
Exercises for inflammation should definitely be done slowly and very smoothly, jerks and sudden movements of the body and legs are unacceptable. Any exercise begins with 5-6 approaches, but over time they can be gradually increased.
Starting position - standing:
- walk in place, trying to raise your knees as high as possible,
- lean your hands on the wall and make smooth movements with your straight leg to the side, and then back,
- gently and very slowly make the body tilt to the side,
- try to tilt the body forward, but if this increases the pain, then this exercise is best not yet done.
Sitting on a chair:
- straighten your leg and pull your toes toward you, then pull them forward,
- make a foot clockwise movement of the extended leg,
- bend your leg, then stretch forward and try to raise it as high as possible, while the pelvis from the chair can not be torn off.
Lying on the side:
- bend the lower leg at a 90º angle, straighten the upper leg and try to move it forward as far as possible first, then back,
- bend both legs at the knees and press against the stomach, then stretch and relax.
Standing on all fours:
- make slow and smooth strokes with your foot up and down
- Hold your leg against your stomach and tilt your head, pressing your chin to your chest, then straighten your leg and pull back, lift your head and stretch your head to your back,
- stretch your leg and describe circular movements with it
- Sit on your heels smoothly and slowly, leaving your hands on the floor, then stand on all fours again.
If you have a gymnastic ball, you can lie on it with the stomach and relax the spine and limbs.
Infringement of the sciatic nerve during pregnancy
Sometimes at the end of pregnancy from a prolonged load in a woman sciatica becomes more acute, while waiting for a baby to take potent drugs is not recommended, therefore therapeutic exercises are the only way to relieve pain.
Here are a few exercises that will help the expectant mother:
Gymnastics for lower back during pregnancy
- Get on your knees and put your hands on the floor. The knees should be placed under the hips, and the arms should be shoulder-width apart. Bend the lumbar, stay in this position for a minute, then bend and lock for a minute too. Keep your head straight, do not tilt.
- This exercise can be performed while standing. Legs set at the level of the hips, arms stretched forward to keep balance. Bend and flex the lumbar region, fixing the position of the body for a minute.
- Place your foot on a low stool or step and very carefully pull the body to the foot. If you are doing everything right, you will feel how the posterior thigh muscles are tensed. They need to slowly stretch, so stand in that position. The back should be straight, breathing even.
If sciatica first appeared, after childbirth it is necessary to consult a doctor and undergo medical therapy. published by econet.ru.
Like this article? Then support us squeeze:
The importance of sciatica exercises
Sciatica - inflammation of the sciatic nerve. Spinal curvature and the resulting improper distribution of weight and pressure compress the nerve, make it sensitive, provoke pain (detail about the symptoms). Physical activity is one of the most effective ways correct the situation.
Exercises are in no way inferior to gels, pills and ointments, and even surpass them in their beneficial effect. Physical therapy for sciatica is able to get to the source of the disease - problems of the spine. At a young age, correction of light and medium curvatures is possible with exceptionally correctly selected exercises. In addition to the long-term goal, medical gymnastics for sciatic nerve sciatica relieves pain and spasm from the very beginning.
Only a qualified doctor and diagnostic equipment can help you with this. Contraindications are most often intervertebral hernia, acute forms of sciatica and osteochondrosis, and pregnancy imposes significant restrictions. And also it should be said about the importance of not overdoing the load. Overstrain is likely to cause the opposite effect - the back will only hurt more.
Therapeutic physical training (exercise therapy)
Exercise therapy for sciatica is also called remedial gymnastics. Exercises for sciatic nerve sciatica are performed in different positions - standing, sitting, lying, and some are associated with walking or balancing (standing on one leg). Another significant difference is the use of physiotherapeutic devices. These include balloons, elastic bands. In the simplest case, an ordinary chair can be an assistant.
One of the easiest exercises in therapeutic gymnastics. performed while lying down. To do this, lie down on your back, on a flat and hard surface. If you are too hard on the floor, then you can spread a thin blanket. Then, leaning on the foot, should raise the pelvis up. Hold him in this position for a short time - 5–10 seconds will be enough.
Then return to the original position and repeat. The number of repetitions in one approach is 10–15 times. For optimal effect, it is better to perform three approaches. It is important not to help yourself with your hands, as the back and lumbar muscles should work. It looks like this (in pictures):
Other exercise performed in a sitting position. The patient should sit on the floor and stretch the legs forward:
Then the arms are spread out to the sides and pulled them back behind the back. The recommended number of repetitions is 5–10.
You can use the chair. To do this, sit on a chair and cross your legs. Keep your back straight. Then they begin to turn the case left and right. The number of repetitions - 10-15 times. After that, the legs are swapped and make the same number of body turns.
The next main posture is standing. Easy and effective exercise begins with the correct posture. It is necessary to stand on the floor, then legs are spread to the width of the shoulders and raise one hand up, the other down. The movement is repeated in the reverse order, that is, first left above and then right. The arm is pulled, you should feel a roll of muscles and a certain stretching. Together with the hand, the whole body bends.
Five tilts on each side will be sufficient for one approach. The best is considered 2-3 approaches. The slope looks like this:
A good stretch for sciatica will become well-known exercise "castle". Stand up straight and take one hand in the other, making a seizure:
To enhance the effect, you can keep your palms and fingers clenched, but try to stretch this lock with your arm muscles. Although the upper part of the back works for the most part, the waist also moves and stretches.
Yoga for sciatica
Yoga for sciatic nerve sciatica helps relieve tension and spasms of the back, many techniques will help with this disease. Light and useful technique is baby posture. You need to kneel, then sit on the heels with a basin, then tilt your head to the floor so that your forehead will firmly rest on its hard surface.
Try to relax in such an asana (posture). The duration of one approach is 40–60 seconds. With longer duration, you will very likely feel numb in the head.
If your sciatica is not too strong, then pay attention to pigeon pose. To do this, sit on the floor and carry one leg forward and bend at the knee. The second leg is laid straight, behind the pelvis:
In this position should stay about a minute. Next, change sides. In total, you need to make 3-5 approaches.
Charging with sciatica is a great way to start the day. The statement is true with sciatica. After sleep, the muscles are relaxed, and in front, most likely, there will be many hours in a sitting position. Therefore, for pain and cramps, it is desirable to give 5-10 minutes of morning exercises. Exercises should be simple and easy. Good yoga or other complexes for stretching.
If you want more activity, then a set of exercises from yoga will be very effective - Surya Namaskar. The name of the warm-up even translates as "Greetings to the Sun".
It is advisable not to limit treatment of sciatica with health-improving physical culture, but to supplement it in other ways. It has a very good effect. massage, manual therapy, warming. The simplest procedures you can do at home. For example, a warm bath with additives has a beneficial effect on the inflammation of the sciatic nerve.
The benefits of physical activity are obvious, but even so, care must be taken.
Therefore, it is considered optimal to have a preliminary consultation with a doctor so that he will assign you an individual exercise program.
Signs of inflammation
Inflammation of the sciatic nerve makes itself felt the following signs:
- Acute pain when bending forward.
Neuralgia in the buttocks, which can increase.
- Unpleasant sensations in the buttocks and lower back.
- When the movements are possible sharp and unexpected pain.
If you notice these symptoms, immediately consult a doctor. Otherwise, the sciatic nerve may become inflamed even more, and the pain will intensify.
Exercises for Sciatic Nerve Sciatica: Basic Rules
Exercises should be prescribed individually by a doctor. He explains how to do them correctly, and later you can do them yourself.
Medical gymnastics with sciatica should be performed in accordance with the following rules:
- The complex must be performed every day, preferably twice a day.
- It is recommended to perform the exercises on a flat and firm surface. Indoors should not be drafts. It is best to lay a mat or karemat on the floor.
- When exacerbation of inflammation should be temporarily stopped gymnastics.
- Exercises are done at a moderate pace. Under the ban, quick and sharp turns, bends, rising and so on. Contraindicated in sciatica jumping.
The complex of exercises for sciatica
The exercises listed below should be performed during the period when severe pains passed. During exacerbation, they are contraindicated, because they are not aimed at removing pain. Exercises are performed in three positions - lying, standing and sitting.
In the prone position the following exercises are performed:
- Lying on your back, pull two knees to your chest, buttocks clasp your hands. Hold this position for half a minute, return to the starting position. Repeat ten times.
- Lying on your back, clasp your left knee with both hands and very gently pull it to the right shoulder, hold for 8 seconds, then lower. The same is repeated for the right leg. Repeat 10 times.
- Lie on your back, bend two legs, try to press the spine into the floor muscles. In this position, linger for half a minute, then relax. Do 10 repetitions.
- Lie on your side, pull the socks. Bend your legs, try to tighten them to the chest, and then slowly straighten. Do 10 times.
- Lie on your stomach, lean on your arms, bent in front. While bending your elbows, stretch your back as much as possible, aiming your head upwards. Legs should not be raised. After a few seconds, gently and carefully sink to the floor. For a start, it is enough to do five repetitions, and eventually increase them to 15.
- In the supine position, pull the feet closer to the buttocks, push them to the floor. Cross your arms over your chest. While inhaling, lift the torso smoothly until the shoulders are completely off the floor. On the exhale, return to the starting position. Run at least 15 times.
Exercise with sciatica in a sitting position:
- Sitting on the floor, stretch your straight legs forward. Raise your arms straight up to shoulder level, try to get them as far as possible behind your back, connecting the shoulder blades. Movement should be smooth, without jerks. Do five times.
- Sit on the floor, raise your arms above your head and gently sink to your back. Then gently lift wide apart legs at right angles. At the same time, make sure that the shoulder blades do not come off the floor, as well as the lower back, because this gives additional load on the spine.
- In the sitting position on a chair, perform the turns of the body, putting your hands behind the head. For a start, it is enough to perform five repetitions in each direction.
Exercises in standing position:
- Stand up straight, stretch your back as much as possible, put your legs shoulder-width apart. Lift your right hand up, left lower along the body. Bend to the left in such a way that the right hand is located clearly above the head, not shifting back or forward. Lean down until the arm and body are parallel to the floor surface. Then return to the starting position, inhale, on the exhale, lean to the right. Do five repetitions for the right side.
- Holding your back straight, kneel down, clasp your fingers and pull them over your head. Smoothly lean forward until you touch the floor with your hands, then gently straighten up. Repeat 5-10 times.
There is also therapeutic physical training for sciatica, aimed at removing the sharp pain in the back, which in this state is the result of squeezing the roots of the sciatic nerve. The following two exercises help to cope with this:
- Face any horizontal surface that is approximately at the level of your hip joints. You can use the table, bed and so on. Smoothly put the body on this surface, relax. Take a deep breath, puffing the abdominal walls, linger for 4-5 seconds and exhale as much as possible. The number of repetitions must be at least three.
- Get down on the floor, lean on your palms and knees. The back should be kept in a neutral position, without deflection. Relax your neck, head down. Inhale slowly with your stomach, hold your breath for five seconds and exhale. Repeat this breathing exercise 7-8 times. This will help you to feel the pain gradually receding.
Gymnastics with sciatica in Bubnovsky
Well-established gymnastics with sciatic nerve sciatica according to the method of Bubnovsky. When developing complexes, the author advises to take into account the general state of health, age characteristics, level of fitness of the patient's muscles. It is also important to stick to the program, to exercise the exercises consciously and not to miss classes.
The initial set of exercises includes various movements aimed at stretching the muscles and ligaments:
- Lumbar relaxation on all fours (“cat” exercise).
- From the cat's position, alternately flex your back while inhaling and arch it out as you exhale. Make up to 20 reps.
- In the same position, move in a stretching step, alternately pushing the buttocks to the left or right heel, pull the free leg forward. Pull the arm opposite the extended leg forward as far as possible. Do up to 20 times.
- In the same starting position, reach for your hands as far as possible, keeping the rest on your knees and elbows.
- Return to the starting position. On the exhale, lower the body to the floor, bending your arms, breathing in below, and as you exhale, straighten them again. Heels at the same time fall to the buttocks. You should feel a stretching of the lower back muscles. Repeat 5-6 times.
- Lie on your back, bend your knees, place your heels closer to your buttocks, and place your hands under your head. Press your chin to your chest, as you exhale, reach to your knees with your elbows. While inhaling, return to the recumbent position, pulling the abdomen out. Repeat until you get tired.
- From a similar position, stretch your arms along the body and perform the raising and lowering of the pelvis on the exhale and inhale, respectively. Focus on your feelings. The optimal number of repetitions is 30 times.
Exercises in the prone position can be supplemented with an ice compress placed under the lower back. This will provide an opportunity to relieve pain.
The dangers of sciatica
The main danger of this disease is that it is often left untreated. Often, people faced with sciatica, prefer to endure the attacks of exacerbation that occur several times a year. But with this approach, each next time will bring more and more pain, until in the end it does not lead to serious complications.
Untreated disease can take a chronic form, and as a result entail disruption of the pelvic organs. The muscles of the body not only weaken significantly, but can also completely atrophy. And all this without mentioning the strongest pain.
The benefits of therapeutic gymnastics
With the development of sciatic nerve, special gymnastics becomes an obligatory stage in the return of health. Performing therapeutic exercises can give a more effective result and get rid of painful symptoms much faster.
The fact is that in the lumbar region improves blood circulation. This speeds up the metabolic processes, and the affected tissues are successfully restored.
In addition, doing gymnastics will help relieve pain and get rid of the discomfort and stiffness associated with pinching.
The first rule to be remembered when undertaking exercises is that the load should be metered and increased gradually. You should not force, chasing fast results - so the benefits will easily turn into harm.
The following important points should also be kept in mind:
- It is better to perform the whole complex of exercises not at once, but in portions, breaking up into several approaches - at least two.
- Gymnastics is desirable on a solid surface.
- With the development of severe exacerbation, it is better to pause for two or three days, and after resuming classes, focusing on your own well-being.
- Perform exercises should be smoothly, avoiding sudden movements and jerks.
- Observe regularity and practice daily, even if you have to do it through force.
Exercises, which will bring about recovery
As a rule, most of the exercises recommended for this disease have a strengthening character. Their attentive systematic performance is capable of giving considerable relief in the near future.
Here is the main base complex, which will bring tangible benefits:
- Lie on your back, stretch your arms along the body. Knees pull up to your chest and clasp your arms. To stay in this position for 20-30 seconds, then straighten to the starting position.
- Lie on the side. The legs bend at the knees, pulling them to themselves and pulling socks.
- To lie on the stomach, hands - in front of the chest, as when pushing up. Raise and lower the body, while bending and straightening the arms. It is important to remember that only the upper part works in this exercise, and the legs must remain motionless.
- Exactly sit on a chair, straighten your back, cross your legs. Hands to get behind the head and turn the body to the right-left. After five turns in each direction, change legs and repeat.
- Kneel down and raise your arms straight over your head. Slowly carry forward bends, reaching the floor with your palms as far as possible from yourself.
- Become standing, legs apart shoulder-width apart. Raise your hand up and tilt the body in the opposite direction. After - in the opposite direction. When performing try to lean lower.
Sciatica and yoga
Yoga can also help in getting rid of this unpleasant problem. From the very first lessons she is able to help in the fight against cramps and pain. In addition, it relaxes and strengthens muscles, and improves posture, which will be an excellent prevention of such diseases in the future.
A few simple asanas with regular performance will bring good results very soon.
- Baby pose. Kneel down, after - sit on your heels and tilt your head to the floor, resting your forehead on its surface. Stay in this position for 40 seconds, trying to completely relax the body.
- Butterfly. Sit down, straighten your back and stretch your legs forward. Bend the right leg at the knee and move over the left. So the knee of one leg will lie on the knee of the other. The foot of the right leg should remain motionless, if necessary - you can fix it with your hand. Staying in this position, take a deep breath, on the exhale - stretch forward.
- Uttanasana. Become exactly. On the exhale, bend over slowly, as if drawn out by the torso. After - try to place your hands as far as possible from the feet. When you inhale, start climbing - slowly raising your head and rounding your back.
- Dog pose muzzle down. Become a bar, after - lift the pelvis up, keeping your back straight and forming a sharp angle with your body. Stay in this position.
- Pigeon pose. Sit down, bending the right leg at the knee and lifting forward, the left foot - pull back. Direct the pelvis down and make sure that it remains level. Staying in this position, try to stretch the muscles of the waist.
Performing these asanas regularly will help transform sciatica from a chronic disease into an unpleasant memory.
What is sciatica symptoms
Sciatica - inflammation of the sciatic nerve. The pain characteristic of this disease is difficult to confuse with others. Its intensity is similar to the tooth. First, the pain syndrome manifests itself in the lumbar region, and then spreads below, covering the hips and buttocks. The pain sensation manifests itself sharply, but has a non-constant shooting character. May advance to the toes.
The functional purpose of the nerve is to ensure the motor activity of the lower extremities. In a healthy state, a person does not feel any discomfort and cannot feel the nerve itself, despite its impressive size - about 1 cm in diameter. When inflammation or pinching the element vividly declares itself.
Sciatica is manifested by a sharp pain in the lower back, buttocks and thighs.
The list of the main reasons capable of provoking the pathological process includes:
- incorrect treatment of osteochondrosis,
- the presence of benign neoplasms in the region of the vertebral discs,
- irreparable effects of spinal injuries,
- severe hypothermia
- short overheating (it is important to know that sciatica is manifested in persons who frequently visit a bath or sauna),
Attention! Considering the symptoms of the process, it is worth mentioning that the discomfort can occur at any time of the day, with different intensity. The patient is told that pain is most pronounced at night, possibly due to the fact that the body is relaxed and at rest.
The intensity of pain syndrome varies depending on the stage of the pathological process and the nature of the course of the disease. The frequency of symptoms may vary depending on the area of damage to the nerve and muscle tissue. The main symptom of the disease is acute pain, which does not allow to live a full life.
With sciatica, pain increases with movement and lifting of heavy objects.
The list of characteristic signs of damage:
- severe, aching mile sharp pain, aggravated against the background of active movements, lifting of gravity,
- an attack can be triggered by sneezing or coughing,
- with the appearance of pain, it is difficult to accept a posture in which pain is felt less,
- the patient manifests sleep disorders associated with numbness of the lower extremities,
- tingling in the legs
- limited mobility
- gait change.
To eliminate the pain, various medications are used that need to be drunk on a regular basis, but their use does not always give a positive result and often provokes side reactions. Exercises recommended by physiotherapists for sciatica will help to achieve effectiveness in the treatment process. In order for the complex to bring only benefits to the body, you need to know the technique of implementation and take into account contraindications.
Excellent article in the subject:
Technique performance and training
The term sciatica means inflammation of the sciatic nerve, which is manifested against the background of impairment caused by overweight or massive physical exertion as it progresses. Against the background of the disturbance, the nerve shrinks and reacts sharply to the pressure exerted, which manifests itself in a pain pattern. Exercising with sciatica really helps to improve a person’s condition.
Is it possible to do gymnastics? The answer to this question differs in each particular case and only the doctor will be able to accurately determine the prospect of effectiveness. The action of exercise therapy complex is compared with the activity of various drugs, only the effect of exercise persists for a long time. The effectiveness is due to the fact that with the help of a warm-up, pressure is exerted on the immediate cause of the inflammation - spinal disease.
The correct exercise should prompt the doctor after the diagnosis of the disease.
Despite the predominant security, it is impossible to determine the scheme of actions independently. Therapeutic gymnastics for sciatica, or rather the exercises included in the course, are selected depending on the degree of curvature and the nature of the defeat of the musculoskeletal system. To make the right choice, it is necessary to use modern diagnostic methods, in most cases radiography is sufficient, but sometimes a specialist can insist on CT or MRI.
Meloxicam - new generation NSAIDs
Be sure to read a good article:
After the completion of the acute period, the intensity of the pain is significantly reduced. Due to malnutrition of tissues, mobility is limited. For the full recovery, the body needs support, because physical therapy at home comes to the rescue.
To pinch the sciatic nerve is not aggravated, you need to follow these recommendations:
- familiarity with the complex takes place under the supervision of a doctor,
- classes will be useful with regular execution, at the initial stage it is better to do exercises 2 times a day, rationing the number of approaches,
- the safest exercises in the supine position on a hard surface,
- standing exercises can only be performed by trained patients and, to a limited extent,
- in the period of intense symptoms, it is better to refuse to warm up, it can cause harm, it is enough drug treatment.
Without regular classes, the benefits of exercise therapy will be zero.
Exercises are important to perform regularly. If, after a hard day's work, there is no time and effort, it is not worth refusing to do it, because efficiency will be lost. It is better to abandon the long classes by doing a few exercises from the complex.
Whether it is possible to do exercises in the presence of factors aggravating the pathology will be prompted only by the doctor. The list of main contraindications to the use of complex exercise therapy includes:
- the presence of intervertebral hernia,
- acute radiculitis,
- diseases of the heart and blood vessels
- mental disorders,
With acute pain, you can not perform the classic set of exercises.
At the stage of familiarization with the complex of classes, it is important not to take serious loads. Excessive overvoltage will certainly worsen the patient's condition and cause a serious attack of sciatica.
The most effective set of exercises for sciatica
There is a certain set of effective exercises to cope with sciatica pain. Such techniques, when properly performed, can replace drug treatment.
To achieve efficiency, they should be performed constantly, better - 2 times a day, that is, in the morning after waking up and 2-3 hours before bedtime.
This complex is designed specifically for patients who want to get rid of pain and other symptoms with the help of exercise therapy. Before you start using the method it is worth getting additional expert advice. In the acute phase of the disease, gymnastics can harm the body.
Some of the effective exercises for inflammation of the sciatic nerve
Get the load is recommended gradually. As the symptoms are eliminated, it is worth increasing, before that you need to be examined. It is worth starting acquaintance with the method with exercises performed in the supine position:
- starting position - lying down, bend the legs at the knees and pull them up to the chest without extension, perform 10 times for 1 approach,
- lying on your side, try to straighten your legs as much as possible, and then bend them and pull them up to your chest, do it 10 times,
- PI - lying on your stomach, put your palms near your shoulders, straighten your arms as much as possible and bend your back, directing your gaze upwards, make the minimum delay in this pose and return to the starting position, 5 executions are enough,
- lying on your back, tighten your feet to the buttocks, lift the torso without lifting your shoulders from the floor, perform 10-15 times.
Beginners are encouraged to start exercising from a prone position.
It should be borne in mind that the last exercise is the buttock bridge, during which the back of the thigh is strongly strained. It is not as easy to do it as it seems at first glance, therefore with 1 training session it is better to exclude it from the list of necessary tasks. The main rule - gymnastics with sciatica should be accessible, the patient should not feel tired and pain after doing.
The following activities should be performed in a sitting position on the floor:
- the patient sits on the floor and pulls out the legs in front of him, spreads his arms to the sides, trying to close the shoulder blades, such movements should be done smoothly, avoiding sudden jerks (10 repetitions),
- in a sitting position, taking a breath, stretch your arms up, slowly lay down on the floor and exhale, lift your legs to a right angle, without lifting the waist from the floor to avoid loading the spine,
- sit on a chair and perform smooth turns of the body (it is important to use the muscles of the lateral press),
- sitting on a chair to perform the torso (it is important to touch the knees with the breast).
The next stage of the exercise is performed in a sitting position.
If, after performing the complex, the patient has a painful sensation, and there are other signs of inflammation, you should consult a doctor and stop such training.
The appearance of such symptoms indicates that the recovery mode does not proceed according to the correct scheme, it is possible that a nerve compression has occurred and there is a risk of exacerbation. With its normal flow, well-being should improve after the first run.
Exercises for the back while standing:
- legs should be placed shoulder-width apart, try to relax and straighten your back, lift your right leg and tilt to the left, arms should be placed parallel to the floor,
- take a kneeling position, alternately straighten each leg, do 20 repetitions,
- put your hands on your belt, raise each leg alternately (the range of movement is not important, it is not necessary to stretch high),
- take the pose of a rider and alternately transfer body weight on each leg (execution time - 1 minute).
Experienced patients can move on to standing exercises.
During the exercise of this complex, the hip joint is well worked out and mobility of the intervertebral disc is restored, tension in the lumbar spine is eliminated, and the spinal column is straightened.
What exercises to do with lumbago with sciatica prompts the doctor. Intervention in the recovery process occurring in the acute phase should be careful, otherwise the resulting damage will prevail over the expected benefits.
Exercises in the acute period
Acute back pain or lumbago is often manifested in sciatica. She has a shooting character. At this moment performance of difficult physical exercises is forbidden. Some experts do recommend to abandon the use of physical education.
In the acute period, you can not perform intensive exercises, otherwise you can greatly worsen the condition
Simple techniques help restore the necessary mobility and alleviate discomfort. There are 3 simple techniques:
- Stand at a horizontal surface, such as a low table or couch. Slowly lay on her body and try to relax the lumbar spine. When breathing in, inflate the stomach as much as possible and hold the air for 5 seconds, and then slowly. Exhale completely. Repeat 3-5 times.
- Take a stand on all fours, bed mat or karemat. The neck should be relaxed, with its head should be lowered down. To carry out the maximum breath in the abdomen, holding the air inside for 5 seconds. Perform the exercise about 10 times.
- Become smooth and apply the technique of diaphragm breathing. Exercise duration - 5 minutes.
Gymnastics on the Divider
Anatoly Sitel's exercises are simple and safe, many of them can even be performed by a beginner. The following exercises are recommended:
- Motion pose for relaxation. The patient is standing against the wall, touching it with shoulder blades and heels, arms raised above his head. Gradually, you need to focus on the hands, they should slowly fall.
- Stand with your back to the wall and lift the leg, bending it to a corner of 90 degrees. Hold the limb in this position for about 20 seconds. Then repeat the exercise on the second leg.
- Deflections back and forth, with a maximum amplitude. Exercise is performed at a free pace, the rhythm is increased gradually. Enough to do 15 times.
- To relax the lateral muscles of the back do side bends. The patient should stay in this position for 15-20 seconds, and then return to the initial one, taking a break.
- Exercise in the knee-elbow position will help to remove the pain in the thoracic spine. While inhaling, you need to strain your back muscles, and while exhaling, you should completely relax them.
Anatoly Stivel does not recommend gymnastics according to his method in patients with severe neurological disorders. Before you start practicing, you should consult a doctor, he will show you how to relieve tension correctly and not harm your own health. The video presents the basic exercises and describes the required multiplicity of approaches.
Gymnastics by Bubnovsky at home can be performed only by patients who have an adequate level of physical fitness. The exercises offered by the doctor are simple only at first glance. When performing them often have difficulty. The list of recommended includes:
- get on all fours, bend your back on the inhale and relax on the exhale,
- bending forward, it is important to perform slowly to avoid stretching the muscles,
- exercise corner - legs bend at the knees, arms behind the head, swing the press, elbows touching the knees,
- rotation of the hips (will help increase blood circulation in the pelvic organs),
- in the standing position on all fours perform backs alternately alternately with each leg,
- push-ups from the floor (no more than 5 times), if it is difficult to perform the exercise, it is worth giving up.
Such exercises are performed not only for the treatment of sciatica, but also for its prevention. Simple tasks help to relax the muscles and bring in a tone.
Attention! It is possible to get rid of sciatica pain forever at home. Many experts recommend practicing yoga.
Types of massage
Massage will help enhance the effectiveness of physical exercises for sciatica. There are several techniques, each of which has its own advantages and disadvantages:
- Classic manual massage. It can be used during the exacerbation of the inflammatory process. It helps to warm up the affected area and speed up the blood supply. Relief occurs after 1 session.
- Vacuum massage. The technique is known as “canned”. The main purpose of the practice is to restore the lymph flow. With constant use, discomfort is eliminated and blood circulation is normalized.
Vacuum massage for inflammation of the sciatic nerve relieves spasms and severe pain after the first session
- Acupressure. Elimination is achieved by exerting the right pressure on special points. The patient himself can master and apply this technique.
- Honey. Quite painful, but effective method allows you to return normal mobility in the period of exacerbation in just 1 session.
Before treating the disease with the help of massage and physical therapy methods, it is necessary to consult a doctor. Such means of physiotherapy are often used as additional methods of recovery, but cannot be considered as the main ones.
Video: unlocking the sciatic nerve. Two effective exercises with pinching. Sciatica. Sciatic nerve
Gymnastic exercises for sciatic nerve sciatica will benefit the patient's body if they are regularly performed. The patient should understand that it is unreasonable to select a complex independently; there is a risk of aggravating one's own well-being.
Pain, inflammation and other symptoms of the disease can not disappear immediately after the first performance of the complex exercise therapy. To achieve sustainable results, the recovery process must be monitored by a doctor, over time, the loads may change and increase.
Therapeutic gymnastics can exacerbate the patient's situation, so you need to sensibly assess your health and abilities. For people with poor physical fitness, simple yoga poses are suitable. They will help speed up the process of treating the back and relieve the victim from pain and lumbago in sciatica.